News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

RenDezvous 2012 Countdown

Started by Merlin the Elder, August 09, 2012, 12:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain robb

I think I'll be more excited and less anxious once I get two-and-a-half sleeves and two foreparts done for my wife's new gown ...

Not that she has two-and-a-half arms. I've already completed one sleeve and am halfway done with the other.

Pinn

I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Merlin the Elder

Is that the Microtel in Cornelius, Pinn? If so, we're catercorner across the exchange from you.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Pinn

I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Merlin the Elder

By this time in
3 weeks,we shall be gathering in the parking area of Fairhaven, awaiting the opening cannon.

iain robb

From the roll call, it seems this will be a smaller group than in years past.

Guess we'll just have to have that much more fun each.

Merlin the Elder

There are at least three things affecting it, Iain. 

• TRF AHE weekend is that weekend, so most of the Texas contingent will be otherwise occupied;
  • Those with kids are limited because of school;
  • I think there's some bad feelings about how the selection is done as opposed to years prior to 2011 (B.M. - Before Merlin)
Turnout was moderate last year, too, compared to what I saw in the pictures for 2010, for example. But there is such a HUGE R/F group in Texas.

We are going to have a good time, regardless. I'm looking forward to meeting those of you I haven't already met, and seeing those of you I have already met for more merriment!

See you soon.

Molden

Indeed Merlin, it will be Grande to deepen our many connections from this fyne forum. Fun, merriment, and just a little peril, will be enjoyed by all!  ;D

We went to the Acropolis restaurant after a chilly Sunday at Faire. (This is where we will have Saturday's After Faire dinner gathering for Rendezvous. I can tell you - it'll be just the thing after a full day at Faire. Good, solid food and a warm family environment will do you good.

ALSO - Lady Mikayla has posted on the Official Rendezvous thread regarding pin orders. The 10th (tomorrow) is the LAST DAY that she will be taking orders for the pins. Which means Rendezvous is getting MUCH, MUCH Closer!!!  :D
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Ms Trish

Quote from: Molden on October 09, 2012, 09:26:22 AM
We went to the Acropolis restaurant after a chilly Sunday at Faire. (This is where we will have Saturday's After Faire dinner gathering for Rendezvous. I can tell you - it'll be just the thing after a full day at Faire. Good, solid food and a warm family environment will do you good.
Silly question, but is that a Greek place? I googled it and, if it's the same restaurant, the menu looks amazing! Thank goodness bodices can be laced a little less tightly!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Molden

Indeed it IS Ms Trish! I can personally vouch for the Moussaka.  :)
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

The Spinach Pie is also quite delightful! 
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Molden on October 09, 2012, 09:26:22 AM
Indeed Merlin, it will be Grande to deepen our many connections from this fyne forum. Fun, merriment, and just a little peril, will be enjoyed by all!  ;D....
I've been more than pleasantly surprised by some of the friendships I have developed here. Several have grown beyond just a casual friendship. RenDezvous last year only added to that number, and I am confident that we will be making more good friends.

...and in case you're wondering,
It is 17 days, 16 hours, 50 minutes, 20 seconds
until RenDezvous 2012 opening cannon!

Lady Spicer

Finally done with MN and trying to catch up on getting ready for this!  Thanks for the countdown Merlin...

Ms Trish is going to have to be our tour guide since I am so far behind getting the information for gatherings, food, tickets, etc.

Yaaaay!
Lady "Cinnamon" Spicer
Baroness of Worchester
Kimberly Grandprey
MN Renaissance Court

Ms Trish

Quote from: Lady Spicer on October 09, 2012, 05:38:27 PM
Finally done with MN and trying to catch up on getting ready for this!  Thanks for the countdown Merlin...

Ms Trish is going to have to be our tour guide since I am so far behind getting the information for gatherings, food, tickets, etc.

Yaaaay!
I gotcha, babe!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Lady Spicer

I need someone to organize for me!  Been doing that for way too long and need a break!
Lady "Cinnamon" Spicer
Baroness of Worchester
Kimberly Grandprey
MN Renaissance Court