News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Can we start talking about 2013?

Started by Georgia Pirate, August 09, 2012, 01:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Georgia Pirate

Ive only been in the ATL area for a little over 2 years and have never been to GARF. I can not WAIT until the next one in 2013! What is your favorite part of GARF? What does one who has never been to GARF need not miss in 2013?

Thorr

my least fav part of garf is heat stroke... :P

midnightferret

I will happily talk with you about 2013, as we re-located here to Savannah about two months ago. Sadly, I have not yet been to GARF either.

Is there camping? (That's always the first question I ask.)

iain robb

My wife and I went -- finally -- for the first time this year, and we are most definitely going back. That's saying the eight-hour drive from Central Florida is worth it.

There is no camping on site. Perhaps there are campgrounds nearby. We stayed in a hotel SOUTH of the faire, which got us out of a bit of traffic.

Lady Christina de Pond

there aren't any camp sites close by that i know of. And i've been attending for a while infact this year is the first year i've missed it since i started going. Yeah it can be hot thats Georgia though. I suggest that you see the joust atleast once and the king's court all the shows are great and wonderful to take in the shopping is good too. I should be there in 2013 i plan to be back
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Village Idiots - Kevin

The Village Idiots will be back on Memorial Day weekend!
Kevin Starnes
Artistic Director
The Village Idiots
http://www.rennieidiots.com

BLAKDUKE

There is a reasonable campground 1 exit south of the faire exit.  $25 per night full hook-up.  It is the front portion of a mobile home park.  I have stayed there a number of times just to go to faire.  We can leave the dogs in the camper and go back right after lunch to check on them to make sure they are o.k.  Also you wilL not find a sign for this but there is a fantastic steak and prime rib restaurant at that same exit on the corner of the road you have to go down for the campground.  It is also reasonable in price.  The best chance for an enjoyable time is the first weekend.  2 for 1 tickets and the weather is usually balmy.  I have never been roasted on opening day, but there was a weekend when I became a popsicle.  Do not miss pub-sing.  Over the years I have seen most of the acts so my wife and I just satisfy ourselves with shopping.   However for newcomers, do not miss ded-bob and by all means break your walk around the faire at the tea room and get a scotch egg.  For the rest your on your own

The BLAKDUKE
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Cpt. Black Shadow

I miss Garf. Some of my favorite shows and performers were at this Faire. Someday I will make it back on circuit. Once I have the money and means of transportation.
I am Captain Black Shadow. Captain of the Pirate Dreadship Katie Marie! MuwahahaHa

amy

Hey there!   I am in Alabama, but try to hit GARF at least 2 weekends of the season.   We normally go opening weekend during 2 for 1 and then again at the end just to lose a few pounds in the heat!   We always have fun with the court and the roaming street cast... They are terrific.  They have one of the most musical and talented casts.. They mostly all sing and play instruments.  We also liked it when they had some big musical groups but not sure if they will be ther in 2013.   Shopping is indeed wonderful there and you will love the pub and the acts that entertain there all day and especially the pub sing in the afternoon.   Hey Nunnie Nunnie has been ther in the past and for me they are a Must See.  I love their King and Queen and yes, the Tea Room is a lovely place to relax.     It is one of my very favorite faires to just stroll and enjoy!     Hope to meet you there!

Lady Christina de Pond

If everything works out i should be at Garf opening weekend depends on my next weeks here and what things are like when i return home to Ga in late Feb. I may wind up at opening weekend an that have to be it we shall see
Lady Ashley of De Coals

fairieimp

I love EVERYTHING! :D :D :D
I've worked and been a patron at the faire, and it's really one of my favorite places.
Too bad it's only 8 wonderful weekends out of the year. I have visited other faires (NYRF, BARF) and GARF is easily the best (I promise I'm not biased)!
Our cast is outstanding, and we have some of the top performers come to our faire: Ded Bob, Hanlon Lee's Jousters, and The Tortuga Twins (the originals) just to name a few of the more recognizable ones. We sometimes get Tartanic, The Lost Boys, and others as special guest talent. :)
I really love my faire.
"A halo is just one more thing to keep clean."

I am Margaret Rennell, you can call me Meg. :)

Lady Christina de Pond

my best friend lived in new york before she moved south but she was majorly impressed with Garf the first time we visited several years back now I'm the one who's gone every year expect 2012.
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Lady Christina de Pond

Lady Ashley of De Coals

fairieimp

"A halo is just one more thing to keep clean."

I am Margaret Rennell, you can call me Meg. :)

Scotti

Hail and well met one and all.  We just moved from Texas to Florida and are looking forward to attend this year.  I am looking for info on any RV camping near the faire.  I know there is no onsite camping but I am not having any luck finding anything at all near the fair.

Any information would be most welcome.

TheTraveler

Camping is always my favorite part of going to a faire... Does anybody know where people usually camp at?
The Traveler

BLAKDUKE

As I mentioned above.....    The first exit south on I-85 from the faire is a good place.

Lady Christina de Pond

well it sucks but i may not make it to Garf this year either if i don't find a job i won't get to go at all
Lady Ashley of De Coals

BLAKDUKE

M'lady:

Trust me when I tell you,  I feel your pain and know whereof you speak.  I have been looking for 3 months and so far I am faced with deciding between Santa Fe NM and Charleston WV, if I can get an offer from either.

Blakduke

Eric the Ugly

Wow.
Has it really been a whole other year already?

Well, thank goodness. :)

I'm certain me and The Girl will be there this year a handful of times, likely once or twice with the Itty Bitty Princess. :D

Here's to hoping for breezy and dry days!

Hack & Slash are back this year!!!!

My ale barrel which sits about my midsection has increased its hold so I hope the garb will cooperate. Here's hoping for that too! :P

Lady Christina de Pond

Black Duke i may have to move to get a job as well but If i get one i'll come home for Garf atleast once and Eric sounds to me The Girl has been feeding you well.
As for my Garb well it should fit a wee bit better this year than it did before i left
Lady Ashley of De Coals

iain robb

Well, I am done talking about 2013. It's time for action.

We're checked into a hotel down the street from the Faire, the garb is hanging in the closet, and we have our two-for-one opening day tickets.

Hope to see a bunch of R/Fers tomorrow and Sunday. Say hi if you see us -- Saturday my wife will be in a blue velvet gown with Black Watch sleeves and forepart, and I'll be in a green doublet and Black Watch kilt.

Sunday, she'll likely be in the same dress, with red sleeves and forepart, and I'll be in a black doublet and a black-and-red kilt.

cowgrrl

My sibling may be attending your fine Faire Memorial Day Weekend & he was curious about what food was good. I know the generic items but I was curious as to whether or not there were special items he shouldn't miss. Thank you!!