News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Please help our beloved Owain Phyfe

Started by Lady Deborah, August 09, 2012, 09:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Deborah

Friends,

I am reposting this from Capt Morgan on the prayer page of this forum, so that we may all help our dear Owain, who has been recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  -Lady Deborah

For those wishing to contribute money to Owain and Lady Paula there are several ways...

A CD compiled by Vinny Polowy of The Plunder Doggs is on sale, with the combined talents (to name just a few)....

Master Owain Phyfe
The Plunder Doggs
Judy Plester
Michael Manderen
Captain John Stout
Silent Lion
Rogues of Rafferty
Terry Griffith

...and many more! All proceeds going to Owain and Lady Paula!!

http://kunaki.com/Sales.asp?PID=PX00Z1W86K

Checks can be sent directly to them:

Owain Phyfe
3600 Kenmore
Berkley MI 48072

Check out the "We Love Owain Phyfe" fb page for more information on how you can donate to our dear friend, Owain. In these tough times, we all know how difficult it is to give so if you are unable, please keep Owain, Lady Paula and their family in your thoughts and prayers....

Capt. Morgan

********************UPDATE**************

This is from Lady Paula: Tuesday, Aug.14th:

Dear Friends, there's a new update on Owain. Unfortunately, he had to be admitted to the hospital again this afternoon because of an obstructive condition causing jaundice. He's scheduled for a surgical procedure tomorrow morning to clear the obstruction. The doctor gave us hope that he might be able to come home on Friday or, if by special mightiness, on Thursday. We are so grateful to all of you kind and gentle folks for all that you are doing. ~~ lady paula

*********************UPDATE************

This is from Jamie who spoke to Lady Paula: Wednesday, Aug. 15th:

Spoke to Lady Paula briefly - procedures to open the bile duct delayed until tomorrow because of imaging studies, e.g. ultrasound and CT, so they could determine the best approach/ We hope by this time tomorrow our Bard will be considerably less pumpkin-looking. He should go home tomorrow night. Lady Paula continues in amazing good spirits.

Keep those prayers acomin'!!
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Wickedvox

Can we get an update? The Queen made a very impassioned speech about Owain before the last song on Sunday--happy to say donations flowed :) I hope he and his family are coping and have help dealing with the stress of his diagnosis. Healthy thoughts to him!
"Not all those who wander are lost..."

Lord Clisto of York

Here is the latest on Owain Phyfe from Jamie Haeuser as of today:

"Paula writes that Owain continues weak and barely able to eat, so not able to start chemo yet. At Noon today - 1 PM EDT, 11 AM Mountain, 10 AM pacific, let's all send energy in whatever form it takes for him to EAT LUNCH. Mundane, I knw but let;s see what happens. You with me?"

He really needs everything we have now. Send as many prayers and heavy healing his way. And, keep buying the tribute CD

Lord Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Lady Deborah

Everyone please, send all the love and light you have to this family right now. 

Capt. Morgan

From Jamie Haeuser: "Owain has left us.

With him when he passed was his beloved Lady Paula, his brother Norman, his sons and daughter in law. He was not in pain. He will be with us forever.

No funeral will happen. Instead, a pair of celebrations of his beautiful life and wondrous gifts will take place. One, this coming Saturday at the Michigan Faire - 7 PM in the large white pavilion next to the castle. If so moved, bring a dish to share and your beverage of choice. Two, at the Sherwood Forest Faire Celtic Festival in Texas, September 22-23, details to be announced. And maybe one more at my house in Louisiana in November.

Thank you, on behalf of Lady Paula and Owain, for all your stories and prayers and energy. It meant so much.
I have this notion that Owain just decided his work was done here. I wonder where he is singing now? Whatever your belief, join me in thanking God, Goddess, Providence or your choice of deity or fate that this lovely, lovely man was with us for as long as we were meant to have the pleasure of his company. Thank you, Mr. Phyfe."

To our Michigan Faire Family, we mourn with you and celebrate an amazing person and all those he inspired.

((HUGS))

Captain Morgan
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Poldugarian Warrior

I can't remember what weekend it was, but I stopped by to listen at the Jewel Stage to see if the new bands or members they had sitting in for Owain were cutting it so to speak, we all know how great a musician Owain was, some tough shoes to fill. I saw that some girls were holding roses, and there was a couple sitting, one looked distraught, but I thought maybe just overcome with emotions happy sad whatever, and I didn't see Owain's wife so I figured maybe she was taking a break she was always there helping him sell his CD's a very nice lady to talk to as well. Bought all his CD's I could get back before all this sickness hit him. so I asked someone nearby what was going on and they stated a wedding or vow renewal. I saw the dark wreath around Owain's picture, and I just figured maybe that was a color he liked and so a prayer wreath was made. Just as a memorial not of his passing but just not working at faire any longer. But, something just didn't seem right, But I watched till the song ended. Nothing more was said, and I went on to watch another show just thinking and praying that he was getting better at the hospital. I wish I would've known that was a memorial service or performance. I hope though that Owain's group still plays on for I believe it was Owain that really brought this period music to faire and made it listenable to the masses, even if sang in another language you understood the emotion of the song and I hope they carry on that tradition I think he would've wanted it that way. And I wouldn't doubt he comes back from time to time to visit the faire and make sure everyone is playing his music correctly and enjoying it as well. To Owain Phyfe may noone who had the priviledge of hearing you play ever forget it. or you.

Rowan MacD

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Poldugarian Warrior

Sorry previous comment was so long. Didn't know his music was broadcast worldwide awesome to know. And I'm glad he finally gave-in to donations he truly did keep it pure by making money, just from his music not any certain look or promoting of products.  You have to support yourself. And I'm glad they did that story, didn't know Cantiga was his band I thought they were on their own. Well, R.I.P. Owain Phyfe let us not speak no more of this tragic end to a wonderful man.