News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Pandora Suggestions

Started by RenStarr, August 10, 2012, 09:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenStarr

I'm sure there are some of you that listen to Pandora to some extent.  I'd like to get some suggestions on Celtic/Rennie music groups/persons that some of you listen to.  I've only got two listed at this time (Bagpipe Tunes/Celtic Women).  I mainly listen while at work thru the pc that I work at.  I've looked for some of the groups that frequent some of the faires, but not much luck there.
Thanks   
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

mehan

old blind dogs, north sea gas (darn - nope not there yet), scythian, enter the haggis, battlefield band. 

The nice thing is all the stuff they turn you on to.  My station is called the battlefield band station and I have been introduced to bunches of new stuff.

Happy listening

Merlin the Elder

A friend of mine used to play with the Battlefield Band...Ged Foley.  I like Steeleye Span, The House Band, Fairport Convention (more folk-rock), The Watersons, Carthy & Swarbrick, to name a few.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

RenStarr

Mehan,
Thanks for the suggestions.  I do recall hearing several songs from Old Blind Dogs and looking to see who the band was.  I'll make a note of your other suggestions and listen for some of them.
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: mehan on August 10, 2012, 11:12:08 AM
old blind dogs, north sea gas (darn - nope not there yet), scythian, enter the haggis, battlefield band. 

The nice thing is all the stuff they turn you on to.  My station is called the battlefield band station and I have been introduced to bunches of new stuff.

Happy listening

I have been really liking the Old Blind Dogs as of late.  One of the things I do is find a group I like and in ITunes follow the suggetions and keep going (this is how I stumbled on Old Blind Dogs).

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

The Lady Mercedes

Maybe type in some performers at your local faire or ones heard on the Renaissance Festival Podcast (Empty Hats, Bedlam Belles, Poxy Boggards, ect.)...I may do that myself! :D
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!