News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wow... we've been awfully quiet for a while

Started by aidenoffairfax, June 26, 2008, 03:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aidenoffairfax

Please go ahead and clear your throats... the hack has arrived!

Master James

Yup just going through the after faire cleanup: greiving, reports, greiving, cleaning garb, greiving, filling out surveys, oh and did I mention grieving because the faire is done?    :'(
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Tim T

We're still here, just looking forward to PARF, MDRF, CRF, and a long time from now...  :'( VARF.
Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

lowlandscot

Och, aye, I'm still alive. Just up to my neck in taking care of all the mundane stuff that I was studiously ignoring during faire, like five acres of knee high grass, repairing and painting the shutters, reglazing the windows, etc, etc, etc....I live in a house that qualifies as a living history exhibit all on its own; turn your back on it for five weeks and it's threatening to fall down.

reese

Yep, busy here too.  There is a lot here that got neglected as well during faire season, not to mention all the footage I'm trying to get through. 

Reese

lordwriothsley

I'm still here..............my main thing after loosing my old job is trying to find a new one which will take a while but other than that i'm still alive and well.Just like Tim I to am looking forward to MDRF CRF and PARF as well.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Feline Groovy

Yep, still digging myself out of the backlog here plus plotting dates for KCRF, MDRF, CRF and maybe a couple of others........
Where was I going and how do I get there?

aidenoffairfax

That would explain it. Busy = good, right?
Please go ahead and clear your throats... the hack has arrived!

Master James

Quote from: Feline Groovy on June 27, 2008, 07:43:37 AM
Yep, still digging myself out of the backlog here plus plotting dates for KCRF, MDRF, CRF and maybe a couple of others........

You're going to KCRF?  Kewl when?  M'lady and I are headed out there probably first weekend in Oct.
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51

reese

Aw man, ya'll going to KCRF...Can I stash my kid/s in your bags so they can see their grandma as well as KCRF?

I can't believe when we were living with her [mom-in-law], while in transit nearly 2 years ago, we didn't visit KCRF.  Never mind we were living 10 min. away from it and were there through the whole season.  There was always one thing after another that prevented us from going, even though we were planning on it.  NOW I kick myself in the arse for not following through my intentions then.  *sigh*

Reese

Feline Groovy

Quote from: Master James on June 27, 2008, 08:52:27 AM

You're going to KCRF?  Kewl when?  M'lady and I are headed out there probably first weekend in Oct.

Haven't decided yet.  Although I only went once in my twenty years in the state -- the last summer I lived there (and it certainly wasn't due to a lack of interest!) -- I considered it my home faire until VARF. Now I go back once each year and take my sister's family. I'll be syncing up my work and play calendars for the fall very soon and will start looking for a weekend then. Maybe we can stage a mini M'Crack invasion!

Quote from: reese on June 28, 2008, 09:06:52 AM
Aw man, ya'll going to KCRF...Can I stash my kid/s in your bags so they can see their grandma as well as KCRF?

Gee, my bags are already overstuffed. Sorry!  ;)  Maybe Jim can oblige?

Master James

OH KCRF would NEVER know what hit them with a M'Crack invasion!  LMAO!!!!!  But if we wind up there at the same time that will put 3 M'Cracks there and why the heck not!  HOOOTY HOOT!
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Feline Groovy

Psst - Does it still count as an invasion if I'm in 'danes? What if I promise to wear green and/or saffron?   ;)

Pinn

What............ not even a bodice??? What kinda pet are you?
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Feline Groovy

The kind that gladly travels halfway across the country just to take three kids to a faire. 

Master James

Well if "danes" is all you got with you then it will work!  Hope it works out that we are there at the same time!
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Feline Groovy

I let the kids decide if they want to 'dress up' or not and I match them.  (As much as I love garbing it up, I have to admit I don't love the mess TSA makes of my bags after the boning in my bodice catches their eye.  ::) ) Will be checking with the kiddos soon to see which way they want to go and what weekends fit best into their schedule so keep your fingers crossed! 

Master James

Well it might be worth it then to FedEx your garb out.   ;D
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Feline Groovy

Pinn

I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Dallan

First week of July we were at the beach in NC then I had to go to Houston for a wek for work. Just digging out.
Fight'n

Feline Groovy