News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Tell me your magical place....at MDRF

Started by Lady Guinness, June 26, 2008, 06:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Guinness

All of MDRF is special to me but some areas I hold close to my heart.  I think the most calming place is the area by the wine garden. And the White Hart always puts a smile on my face...maybe because that is where my friends are and certainly because the best bartender resides there. (miss you Jim!) Tell me which is your most magical place in our beautiful shire.

mehan

Hmm... great topic....

The super secret spot that we first met Morgan and Dwyn... the tree by Tracey's bar where he serenades us.. the boardwalk in the "down" part where the trees are cool... but of course, the best place is where our friends are, which quite often is the White Hart!

analise

The blowing/drinking horn booth, late in the day when there aren't any horns hanging on the end of the 'porch' near the tree. I can perch there and watch people go by. And I have friends who work there and don't mind my perching. :)

Sitting on the bench attached to the big Bullseye booth. Again, watching people go by.

The cottage by the White Hart.

SirBlackFox

The deck of The Dragon where I asked Cynthia to be my wife.
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Count Adolfo

I'd have to make this a tie between the Dragon and the White Hart... because I had such a wondrous time at both places last year.  I can't wait to return

Scotsman

The front gate .... because it leads me right to the White Hart!  ;D

... how come I always remember entering faire but never remember leaving? Wierd!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Master James

Oh my that is a hard one because its not just one place.  I love the White Hart because of all my friends there and I love the Dragon because of all my friends there.  Another spot that was great was just above the Globe because another group of friends would sit up there at the tables but they moved the tables from there last year so we have to find another spot to hang out.  Hmmmmm now that I think about it, where ever my friends are is where my favorite spot is.  They just seem to all in or by a tavern.   ::) 
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Capt. Morgan

Gods...that is hard...I mean...yes the place where we first met up with Mehan and Ewan was magic...and Tracy's...and I can't think of MDRF without thinking of O'Shucks and hanging there. The whole place takes on it's own life when dusk approaches...and The White Hart feels like "home" but then again, that's because it's filled with laughter, love and friends...
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

LadyDracolich

I love the Dragon b/c I always have a great time there... And then there is O'Shucks where we have 12 o'clock shooters...  But my favorite place is the wall at the White Hart.

Can't wait for faire this year!!!!!
I don't know what you've heard, none of it is factual, but it's all true.

Lady Guinness

Capt Morgan you are so right. MDRF does take on a completely different life at dusk...even more beautiful and amazingly magical. I think in the evening my favorite area is walking from the White Hart down to the board walk. As well when the cannon goes off that slow meandering walk to gate with the soft glow of lights in all the shops.

Scotsman

Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady Guinness

Amras Elfwine

The deck at O'shucks, early in the morning before the crowd hits...the view down the hill is the best on the site...anywhere I can sneek up on Lady Guiness for a hug...oh, thats just about everywhere... 8)

Also, looking west, up the alley from the Royal Healers in the late afternoon twilight...its as close as you can get to viewing renaissance England without a time machine. Very nice!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Amras Elfwine

Quote from: Capt. Morgan on June 27, 2008, 09:20:19 AM
Gods...that is hard...I mean...yes the place where we first met up with Mehan and Ewan was magic...and Tracy's...and I can't think of MDRF without thinking of O'Shucks and hanging there. The whole place takes on it's own life when dusk approaches...and The White Hart feels like "home" but then again, that's because it's filled with laughter, love and friends...

Speaking of sneaking up on loveliness and hugging it...HUG!!!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Lupa

Closing cannon at the White Hart... singing "Wild Mountain Thyme".  I so do miss doing pub sing EVERY day of faire.
Goddess of the Grove
DoRT
MDRF FoF Charter Member
IWG #3576
IFoRP #1360
FOKTOP Inquisitor
Cheer'n M'Crack