News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Tell me your magical place....at MDRF

Started by Lady Guinness, June 26, 2008, 06:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Guinness

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on June 28, 2008, 07:46:46 AM
The deck at O'shucks, early in the morning before the crowd hits...the view down the hill is the best on the site...anywhere I can sneek up on Lady Guiness for a hug...oh, thats just about everywhere... 8)

Also, looking west, up the alley from the Royal Healers in the late afternoon twilight...its as close as you can get to viewing renaissance England without a time machine. Very nice!

I give out hugs freely to my friends.....Big hugs Amras!!!!!

Scotsman

Quote from: Lupa on June 28, 2008, 09:31:58 AM
Closing cannon at the White Hart... singing "Wild Mountain Thyme".  I so do miss doing pub sing EVERY day of faire.

I'm with you ... nothing like a good MDRF pub sing!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady_Glorianna

Don't know that I have a magical place as much as magical moments and magical memories. The whole place is magical to me as every corner has become my playground at one point or another. ;)
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

RedRobin

Just about everywhere where it is easy to observe without being observed.  I love watching the people who come to faire.  And it always helps if the spot is near music, and away from food vendors.

Lady Guinness

Lady Glorianna, I do know exactly what you mean. I can look around our shire and have so many different memories from grove to grove. Memories of my family and my friends. New friends I took to faire for the first time and new friends that I met at faire for the first time. I have fond memories of my Father many years ago making fun of a street character that kept picking on Scotsman (well before he was called that), memories of my children practically growing up at faire and then working there. It is truly a very special place and will always hold a part of my heart.

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

I love it at O'Shucks. I like to people watch and what a great spot, everyone seems to pass by or has to stop for a beer.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Tim T

O'shucks is definately a must-stop for us.  Man, I'm seriously looking forward to some shrimp shooters!
Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

SHRIMP SHOOTERS? I've never tried one of them,I'll have to look into that. ;)
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Lady Guinness

I love O'Shucks as a well. A dear friend introduced me to mussels there....Yummy!

jmkhalfmoon

Our favorite spot is the White Hart.  My least favorite spot is the playground, but the kids love it so we spend a wee bit of time there as well.

Lady Guinness

...but the pirate ship is sooooo cool! 8)

Lady Jai

Quote from: LADY JOYCE ANN on July 01, 2008, 08:00:50 PM
SHRIMP SHOOTERS? I've never tried one of them,I'll have to look into that. ;)

The shrimp shooters are not on the menu.  You have to ask for them.
M'Crack-Snuggl'n

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

I's a MDRF Virgin, just wanted to say "hi"!   :-*
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Scotsman

Quote from: Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia on July 02, 2008, 08:00:53 PM
I's a MDRF Virgin, just wanted to say "hi"!   :-*

I don't want to sound conceited but, until you have experienced MDRF ... well ... you'll see  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady Guinness

This is true....it is like any other magical faire...needs to be experienced first hand to understand.