News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Tell me your magical place....at MDRF

Started by Lady Guinness, June 26, 2008, 06:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Neysa

Wow, it's really hard to choose just one place!  So many spots that have their own magic and character. 

I love looking up the leafy tunnel of Marys Dale Way by the slide, and looking at the long line of shops.  I like the big main food court by the White Hart. 

Another spot I'm attracted to is the little fountain a few shops down from Wolfstone Kilt.  It's tucked in between 2 shops (can't remember what they are) across from the roasted nut booth.  It's a pretty little fountain with lots of greenery.   

Lady Maerwynn

OMG...it IS all magical but I'd have to say mine is on the deck of the dragon as well.
Clan M'Crack - Breeze'n
FoMDRF
FoVarf
IWG #42

lowlandscot

I don't have magical places so much as magical times, and they are at both ends of the faire day. I LOVE running down the Queen's Path and Valley Meade right after the gates open, when it's still cool and wet, everything's in shade, and there's not much noise. And I also LOVE walking slowly towards the gate, especially if there's been a Pub Sing, and moreso when it's late in the season so everything's dark except some of the lights in the shops.

Charity Morgan

Quote from: Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia on July 02, 2008, 08:00:53 PM
I's a MDRF Virgin, just wanted to say "hi"!   :-*
tee hee...I just read this and it made my day!  Having spend a bit of time with ye over the invasion weekend at GLMF I am thinking I surely hope I can see this virginal MDRF adventure (does that make me a Voyeur? 
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

dinkywench

the deck at the tavern, last show of the day with the rogues...girls irish dancing, people drinking, canned cake icing!

Count Adolfo

ooh...just thought of this
there's a portrait shop near the Dragon Inn
I bought a wondrous portrait of an old friend there this past season
and the chapel there... that has a remembrance of him
both very special places to me

analise

I forgot one:

Sitting all cocooned in one of the hammocks at the hammock shop. But hammocks in general are pretty neat. (I just got one [not one from the folks at MDRF, alas] and I'm still getting a kick out it)