News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Posting in our new home

Started by DeadBishop, May 07, 2008, 09:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeadBishop

I will be working on arranging this new forum when I have the time, so that we have a bit more organization.  For the time, I would like everyone to post under "General Discussion" until I can make more categories.  The "Life Raft" area will be for site specific updates and news.

R/F.com member since 2003

DeadBishop

Update;

I've added a few new areas to keep things from getting mixed up and lost.  I will continue to expand the specific areas as time allows.

Random Girl

I think this forum hates me, I tried to post and it says my last post was more than 60 seconds ago and to try again so I do and it says it's already posted and then it doesn't show up.

I had a post but I eated it   :-X
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

DeadBishop

Interesting....I'm going to have to keep an eye on things like this.  Being a new environment, I have no idea what could possibly go wrong in this new forum.  From my understanding it's supposed to be pretty stable, but there ya go...

Lady L

Same thing happened to me when I tried to post in the sewing forum. When I tried to repost, it said I had already posted. When I looked, my post wasn't there.  ???
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

Mischka

My first post appeared under a different thread than the one I replied to...

Fairietink

I get the error regardign the last post was 60 secs ago IF the forums don't allow a post, like when I first signed up, before I activated the link, and it seems if I try to post from home. It seems my ID is linked to my work IP and I can only post, reply or work with my PM's from here. If I try to post at home, the system will log me in, let me see all my stuff but not allow me to post at all.

Hope this helps.
Vice Madam Local 35 - AZ chapter, Captain Bone Momma - HMS Boner

Tom

That can be related to a cookie error. You may want to toss your cookies :D and get fresh ones!

That's just a guess but it can't hurt.

Tom
Thanks,

Tom

A.K.A. - Lady Serenas husband

DeadBishop

There is a posting restriction to keep people from spamming the site.  You can only post every 60 seconds.

Rage

Quote from: DB on May 12, 2008, 07:57:04 PM
There is a posting restriction to keep people from spamming the site.  You can only post every 60 seconds.

This is normal in most forums and I totally support it. I know our group probably would not be jerks but its so nice to have something to prevent these problems.

So DB with John's post I am guessing this is no longer a the life raft, shes our new ship. I was just bringing this up because its not really our temporary home anymore. I know thats already been posted.

DeadBishop

True.  I'll modify the header so it's more up to date.

Trillium

Quote from: harem_pants on May 09, 2008, 06:52:54 PM
I think this forum hates me, I tried to post and it says my last post was more than 60 seconds ago and to try again so I do and it says it's already posted and then it doesn't show up.

I had a post but I eated it   :-X

I've had the same thing happen several times, usually on my first post of the day!
Got faerie dust?

Stardust Lyonstone

WOW I'm gone for several months and the whole place changes. My account wasn't here, no more stars, and no more cool title. It's weird but kinda cool.

Thanks guys

Star

BrokenArts

Sorry to bump this, how old was the other forum?  Just trying to learn the history here. 

DeadBishop

Quote from: BrokenArts on August 05, 2008, 10:45:13 PM
Sorry to bump this, how old was the other forum?  Just trying to learn the history here. 

The original site came about in 2002, and went through several facelifts over the last couple years.  It existed in it's previous form for six years before being completely destroyed by hackers.  This new site became active at the end of April this year when it looked like there was no way to save the old site.