News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Santa Fe

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, August 20, 2012, 11:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Who is planning on going. Toki and I have talked about it, not 100% yet. If we go, do they need help with court?
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Francisco Paula

you need to talk to captain spleen about the court. I do know they want you to work gate the gate for a bit each day.

Jen and me will be going.

Also most people stay at the santa fe inn. It is right off the freeway and about 10 minutes from the faire

Celtic Rune Stones

Diane and I will be there (in mundane) to photograph the comings and goings in the faerie village. We will also be chronicling the adventures of the Duke and Duchess of Norfolk as they journey throughout the Spanish fort ;)

I do know that in addition to the faeries, Lady Blushing will be in attendance, thought I must say that since leaving our shire she has found a higher calling...
My life is loosely based on a true story...

Norfolk

Quote from: Celtic Rune Stones on August 21, 2012, 12:25:29 AM
We will also be chronicling the adventures of the Duke and Duchess of Norfolk as they journey throughout the Spanish fort ;)

Grammercy, Sir CRS!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

If we go we will stay at the Sage Inn. it is a very nice hotel within walking distance of the plaza. We stayed there when we went to ARF on the trip out and on the trip back. Maybe not as cheap as some and maybe not as close, but the staff was great, the rooms nice, the breakfast good and once again walking distance to the Plaza. But they do have a shuttle that will take you up to 2 miles anywhere in Santa Fe.

We will be deciding fully soon if we go or not.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Francisco Paula

DeLaney i really recomend it. I loved the attitude of the faire it was fun, only draw back was not enough food vendors but what we had was great.

Some things going on: The SCA have a camp and do demostrations which is great. You have a fairey village down amongst the trees which is awsome. Then you have some great photo opps just wandering around the living museum area which is completely open to wander so bring comfortable shoes. They have a couple working mills.

here are some pictures i took last year https://picasaweb.google.com/Hikadaf/SantaFeRenfaire#

Adriana Rose

Miladys Posies is going to be there! We are super excited too  ;D We dont know where we are going to be yet but we are in for this year.

Norfolk

Quote from: Adriana Rose on August 21, 2012, 04:44:04 PM
Miladys Posies is going to be there!

HUZZAH!! 

Thou can'st rely upon the Duchess (we will be in our roles as the Duke and Duchess of Norfolk) and I to proclaim, to all that will'st abide, that any and all maiden fair sans garland is improperly attired!

Blushing

Quote from: Celtic Rune Stones on August 21, 2012, 12:25:29 AM
Diane and I will be there (in mundane) to photograph the comings and goings in the faerie village. We will also be chronicling the adventures of the Duke and Duchess of Norfolk as they journey throughout the Spanish fort ;)

I do know that in addition to the faeries, Lady Blushing will be in attendance, thought I must say that since leaving our shire she has found a higher calling...

HUZZAH for photographers!

And ... aye. ;)
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Earl of Surrey

The Earl and Countess of Surrey, plan to be there to attend upon our father the Duke of Norfolk and His Royal Highness, Arthur Tudor. 

We shall be eagerly attempting to wed His Highness to Her Highness, Catherine of Aragon.  We are certain that if we are successful making the match that they will have a long and happy marriage, and bring many robust and wise sons to the English realm.  Quite certain.

And, being who we are, there will no doubt be some other scheme of our making afoot.

Surrey
--The Paris Hilton of the 16th Century--

The Earl and Countess of Surrey  (off with my head, on January 19, 1547)

Norfolk

Surrey, Myne Owne Sonne,

Whilst I full well understand that thou but a youngster be, hath it not occurred unto thee that any scheme enjoyeth greater likelihood of success in the event that the object of said scheme knoweth not of said scheme's existence?

Norfolk

Celtic Rune Stones

Quote from: Baron on August 23, 2012, 09:09:20 AM
Surrey, Myne Owne Sonne,

Whilst I full well understand that thou but a youngster be, hath it not occurred unto thee that any scheme enjoyeth greater likelihood of success in the event that the object of said scheme knoweth not of said scheme's existence?

Norfolk

Your Grace,

A well laid trap, like an onion hath many layers. In revealing the top layer, the wolf's head only appears to have given the ruse away... Be careful where thou doth step next... 
My life is loosely based on a true story...

Earl of Surrey

Indeed, alas, I hath been found out.  Mine scheme is known and therefore de-fanged.  There is of course no other scheme in the works.  You can trust me on this.
--The Paris Hilton of the 16th Century--

The Earl and Countess of Surrey  (off with my head, on January 19, 1547)

Capt Spleen

The onion may indeed have many layers,  but once chopped up thar be nay more layers. ...and then add the scurvy moldedness of a mushrooms to the onion and the taste of the dish changes the combined flavour of said Scheme.

There could be a triangulated uncertainty to a wedded scheme.........

Make what you want of the above ciphered words if you dare!

Adriana Rose

*grumble* I havent had enough coffee to translate you guys yet.