News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

This Saturday

Started by Wickedvox, August 23, 2012, 08:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wickedvox

Is anyone going this weekend who wants to roam about with me for a spell, take in a show, or meet for a pint? The hubby is bogged down with merchant business all day, so I'll be by me lonesome. Plus, one can always use the help with lacing upon arrival  ;D I'll be in the yellow bodice with red trim--you can just wave me down if you want!
"Not all those who wander are lost..."

Margaret

I will be on the lookout for you!!  I am unsure of when I will be there on Saturday (ah, real life!) but I think with the near 90 type temps, I may be in some Indian type gear.  Redish lenga choli type get up. 
Mistress Margaret Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

Wickedvox

Quote from: Margaret on August 24, 2012, 12:16:56 PM
I will be on the lookout for you!!  I am unsure of when I will be there on Saturday (ah, real life!) but I think with the near 90 type temps, I may be in some Indian type gear.  Redish lenga choli type get up. 

Oooo that outfit sounds delightful! Yeah, I'm not looking forward to those temps with my *7 layers!* But dangnubbit I'll look good lol!
I'll have *home baked* goodies for anyone who approaches me ;) Two if you give me your favor  :D lol!

Margaret

~laughs~  You know, that is one thing I have never been able to decide upon is what kind of favor I should use.  Been doing the ren faire gig for nigh on 15 years or so and I still got 'nuthin
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

Wickedvox

Hmmm...I'd have to know you much better to have any opinion on *that* lol! As far as I'm concerned we should all have some sort of sewing impliment as favors :D

Margaret

See - my real name is Susan.  This mean 'lily' in Hebrew.  I thought of a lily charm on a simple ribbon.  Think I can find a simple and in expensive charm.  Nope.

I have gone by The Sweete Ladye for more than a number of years as well.  Think I can find some simple and "sweet" charmor doo dad that makes me happy?  Nope.

OY!

:D
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

Wickedvox

Ohhhh! I *really* like Lily--particularly because my dad breeds lillies and has the most *amazing* lily garden...when his horrible Wheaton isn't digging up the bulbs and EATING them! Did you try Fire Mountain Gems? You can buy things in bulk--maybe you can find something there. But still, I'd have to know you better to have any say in it :)
I'm having a hard time with my faire-name. Mary Jane kept calling me "the middle-class seamstress" and I'm not really the "m'lady" type, I like Madame (being a merchant's wife), but I'll really only respond to Erin or Wicked lol. And I don't consider myself as favor-dispensing worthy (been going on and off for about 15yrs, with the usual costume evolutions), but when does one know when it's appropro to do that sort of thing? Don't you have to work for the faire to give those out? Aaaggh! I could as questions all night! I'll see you tomorrow lol! Going to bed!

Margaret

See in my sig line?  I go by Mistress.  A nice thing to refer to a Middle class lady as.

And yes, I did try Fire Mountain - more than a few years ago.  I may may have to go and look again
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

Wickedvox

I wondered if Mistress was proper for middles--thanks! Mistress Wicked sounds wrong though lol.

I looked for you today but the crowd was *really* big today and the heat got to me, so I left around 3:30. I met Calliope though! She's very nice, as was her friend Francesca. I dropped your name to Mary Jane lol. I'm a Name dropper.

Margaret

Yeah - I guess I missed you by 5 minutes.  I ran into CC right after you.  Drat!

I left early too.  I don't do well in 90 degree heat, no matter what I am wearing!

The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

theatrekat

Lucky girls.  You get to leave early...I'm stuck there all day.

And I'z iz full of DEAD.

Hope you had fun.

-kat

CalliopeCC

Quote from: theatrekat on August 27, 2012, 08:58:49 AM
Lucky girls.  You get to leave early...I'm stuck there all day.

And I'z iz full of DEAD.

Hope you had fun.

-kat

I can second that...you lucky ducks...I was dusty all the way up to my hair horns, and sweaty in places I'm too ladylike to mention.  ::)

But I was lucky enough to get a bit of of Mistress Wicked's Biscotti - YUMMO! Grazie, mi Amica! Molto Dolce!

Wickedvox

I admit I had to wonder about the employees! Sweaty work! I'm not too ladylike--Me bloomers were stuck to me nether regions! It's fair-wear for me this weekend! Look for me in sage green or blue and yellow, haven't decided!

Margaret--I'm bummed, I really wanted to meet you :(

Calliope--You're very welcome m'lady! Maybe "Mistress Wicked" doesn't sound so wrong after all lmao! ;) Did I just get a faire name??

Kat--If you describe your character to me I'll come harass *you* too!  ;D

theatrekat

i'm the very shiny vulgarian.  when you see us as a group you can't miss me.

-kat

Margaret

Quote from: Wickedvox on August 27, 2012, 05:24:05 PM

Margaret--I'm bummed, I really wanted to meet you :(

Likewise!  I won't be there Labor Day Weekend, but I should be there all the rest of the Saturdays
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)