News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

This Saturday

Started by Wickedvox, August 23, 2012, 08:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wickedvox

Quote from: Margaret on August 28, 2012, 02:38:54 PM
Quote from: Wickedvox on August 27, 2012, 05:24:05 PM

Margaret--I'm bummed, I really wanted to meet you :(

Likewise!  I won't be there Labor Day Weekend, but I should be there all the rest of the Saturdays

Aaaaaaaaargh! I won't be there *any* other weekend!! (I'm opting for the sewing expo instead of closing weekend. If anyone's interested in going with me just hollah! They're going to have a *ton* of free lectures on costuming and techniques, and they've got a costume display--score!)

Kat--vul·gar·i·an (v l-gâr - n). n. A vulgar person, especially one who makes a conspicuous display of wealth. See Synonyms at boor. Is this what I'm looking for? lol!  :D
"Not all those who wander are lost..."

theatrekat

kinda,

we are one of the ensembles of the resident cast.  we wear mostly black, with burgundy and silver.  we also speak with eastern european accents (think russian)

and yeah, we're pretty rude too.

-kat

NefariousDrO

I'm looking forward to 3 days of fun and behaving stupidly. I plan to be there for the full weekend, anybody who sees someone looking like this is welcome to stop me for a chat

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30083073@N02/7688613232/

Wickedvox

Quote from: NefariousDrO on August 29, 2012, 08:37:32 PM
I'm looking forward to 3 days of fun and behaving stupidly. I plan to be there for the full weekend, anybody who sees someone looking like this is welcome to stop me for a chat

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30083073@N02/7688613232/

Wow, you've got a lot going on there! Can I call you the pumpkin king??

NefariousDrO

Haha, that works, I hadn't thought of that one!  It's all a fantasy-garb, a person who's lived with a tribe of goblins and "gone native" to serve as their shaman. Kind of fun character to play, even though I step out of character alot when people ask questions about everything.

StareNorthSteve

Quote from: NefariousDrO on August 29, 2012, 08:37:32 PM

I do enjoying seeing garb that obviously has taken some creativity, time, effort (and some coin) to put together. Well done! It looks like you won't be easy to miss. I'll be sure to say hello on Saturday!

sns
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

Wickedvox

Quote from: NefariousDrO on August 29, 2012, 09:46:37 PM
Haha, that works, I hadn't thought of that one!  It's all a fantasy-garb, a person who's lived with a tribe of goblins and "gone native" to serve as their shaman. Kind of fun character to play, even though I step out of character alot when people ask questions about everything.

I'll definitely say hi! That's a different back story--I'd be interested to hear how you came up with it...former dice thrower or card flopper ;) I've often considered something fantastical, but I guess I'm too "straight and narrow" to come up with anything more creative than "h/a merchant and wife" lol! Though sometimes I slip into my faire-wear and have been known to shake me bloomers lol! Have fun!

NefariousDrO

Quote from: Wickedvox on August 30, 2012, 07:42:44 PM
I'll definitely say hi! That's a different back story--I'd be interested to hear how you came up with it...former dice thrower or card flopper ;) I've often considered something fantastical, but I guess I'm too "straight and narrow" to come up with anything more creative than "h/a merchant and wife" lol! Though sometimes I slip into my faire-wear and have been known to shake me bloomers lol! Have fun!

You got it on the first one, I used to run a couple of fantasy RPG's. I was always insane enough that I would create the entire world the game was taking place in, drew all the maps, laid out the cultures and histories, I even made up a few alphabets to toss my players some "code-breaking" that wouldn't be too difficult of a challenge. As you can probably guess, I can get pretty OCD-like over my projects!

Pictures from the weekend are posted here, if anybody's interested:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30083073@N02/sets/72157631392504564/

Wickedvox

I didn't see you, or I would've said hi :(

I'm a dice thrower from waaaaaay back. I loved DM's who put a lot of thought into their games.

I commented on some of your photos. Mary Jayne and Lillith are *so* very sweet. I'm the Village Seamstress *favorite!* She said so!

It looks like you had fun! Are your friends Mark and Eric twins? Who won the costume contest?

Here's some pics of us from this weekend:
Me and my husband:

Me and my friend Katy:

And opening weekend--aka My Weekend of Ego and Glory:

Now you know what *I* look like in garb, grab me (nicely) if you see me ;)

NefariousDrO

I didn't catch you there either, alas. I love your garb. I can see why she called you her favorite!
The guys you asked about are indeed identical twins. It gets weird around them sometimes because their voices and their laughs even sound alike.
As for the costume contest, I won it on Saturday, and their was a lady pirate captain on Sunday who won. She was fantastic.
Will you be there again? I am hoping to make one more trip to the festival, probably on a Saturday so that I can spend the following Sunday in recovery/withdrawal.

Wickedvox

Thanks, I love my clothes--they're comfy and look nice, that's what matters to me.
I'm glad you won!
I'm not sure...I *want* to, but I've got some other things in the works too: studying for a test next wednesday, so beats out this weekend; next weekend open, and no test that wednesday--don't know if I could talk the hubby into letting me go *just one more time*; Victorian Days Festival is the following weekend in Northville; and the Sewing expo is going on during MiRF's closing weekend. Expo has all kinds of free lectures on costuming, have a costume display, and have lectures on sewing knits, which I really need so I can finish my Wonder Woman costume. I don't know, I *want to* but there are so many other things I want to spend money on :( Baaaaaaaahhhhh! I've got too much going on!!

NefariousDrO

Quote from: Wickedvox on September 04, 2012, 09:34:22 PM
Thanks, I love my clothes--they're comfy and look nice, that's what matters to me.
I'm glad you won!
I'm not sure...I *want* to, but I've got some other things in the works too: studying for a test next wednesday, so beats out this weekend; next weekend open, and no test that wednesday--don't know if I could talk the hubby into letting me go *just one more time*; Victorian Days Festival is the following weekend in Northville; and the Sewing expo is going on during MiRF's closing weekend. Expo has all kinds of free lectures on costuming, have a costume display, and have lectures on sewing knits, which I really need so I can finish my Wonder Woman costume. I don't know, I *want to* but there are so many other things I want to spend money on :( Baaaaaaaahhhhh! I've got too much going on!!

I can definitely relate! I always seem to have more projects in mind than I could possibly have time to actually do. I'm hoping to hit the festival one of the last 3 weekends, but alot of it will depend on when a couple of my friends can go. I also have some additional materials ordered for yet more costume props for my crazy garb, because you never really finish tinkering with it, do you?

Wickedvox

I'm pondering going late Saturday--they're having a memorial service at 7pm for Owain Phyfe. So sad, it's a huge loss for our faire.

NefariousDrO

Wickedvox

Quote from: NefariousDrO on September 18, 2012, 08:34:42 PM
I made a second trip on the 16th, pictures are posted here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30083073@N02/sets/72157631392504564/

Great pics!!! I have been blessed by the gods yet again--free tix! I'll be there closing weekend, probably Sunday! We'll have to chase each other down if you can make it!