News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The search for Richard III

Started by Welsh Wench, August 26, 2012, 07:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welsh Wench

Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Lady Renee Buchanan

I put my name and Steve's in for the 300 tickets for the 3 different events that were open to the public.  When I heard the first week, over 10,000 people signed up, I didn't get my hopes up.

I heard on the radio that when the procession marched into Leicester and to the cathedral, there were 35,000 people lining the streets for a glimpse.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

BLAKDUKE

Not that it is of major interest, but not one ounce of news coverage could I find.  All kinds of murder, rape, suicide and violence, Hollywood snot noses behaving badly but nothing of this.   
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Merlin the Elder

A Google of "burial of king richard" will get you a ton of stuff, including plenty of mainstream media outlets.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Welsh Wench

What I fiind interesting is that the royal family couldn't be bothered to send anyone as a representative.
I'm sure Charles wasn't doing anything of importance.

What I also find interesting is that people are under the misconception that Elizabeth II is descended from the Tudors. At least not directly.

All three of Henry's children died without issue so the crown passed to Mary Queen of Scots' son James.
Thus ushering in the Stuart dynasty.

Also, Richard will be actually buried tomorrow.

Rowan MacD

I've been watching bits of the funeral (which goes on for several days) on BBC.  pretty impressive thus far.

Very few people of my acquaintance think the Royal family is directly descended from Henry VIII ( but then they are history buffs).  After QEI, the Tudor Dynasty ended; but not the Tudor bloodline.
  The Royals today, are more or less descended from Henry VII, (Henry VIII's  father), via Henry VIII's sister Margaret Tudor. 
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

BLAKDUKE

There is an excellent write up in the wikipedia site today.

Welsh Wench

Sure, I am dredging up an old topic.

But August 22, 1485 was the date of the Battle of Bosworth.

The face of English history changed forever.

Can get a hat's off salute for Richard III? He gave his all.
Literally.

BLAKDUKE

Amen my lady.  I sure would like to see an accurate movie made of Richard III.  Not based on some Shakespere crap.