News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Another kitty crossed over

Started by raevyncait, August 28, 2012, 01:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raevyncait

Those of you on my FB may have already seen it, but I've had my 4th cat in 13 months cross over the Rainbow Bridge today.
I swore I wouldn't ever have a Sphynx, but she stole my heart, even before I realized she'd done so. The day she was born, I was the first human to see her and pick her up to check her, when she was only hours old. In the 22 months since then, there have been perhaps 20 days that I didn't touch her at some point, and those were days when I was gone for 2 nights from home. Her mama is a sturdy little thing that typically produces sturdy kittens, but for whatever reason, she was the only of her litter to survive, and I've never been entirely sure she wasn't the runt (or at least the surviving runt, because one was stillborn). She's always been kinda frail, and on the thin side, but the last few days she'd gotten much thinner, and this morning her breathing was labored, and her skin looking jaundiced.  Her breeder suspects pneumonia.  We've fought 22 months for her, and nothing has been successful, so I've let her go, where she can be healthy, can see clearly (most of her vision she lost due to an eye infection when she was about 2 months old), and run and play with her buddy Tabitha (who was born the day after Tegan, to Tegan's grandmother with the same sire, also the only survivor of her litter; and crossed the bridge right after Thanksgiving).

I'm now up to 4 I've lost in 13 months, I'd like to be finished now please. 

Fortunately, my remaining 2 are healthy and robust.
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Merlin the Elder

Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Rowan MacD

((hugs)) I'm sorry for your loss.
  It's hard to lose a pet of any kind-but not having known them would have meant missing so much more.   

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

DonaCatalina

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know words are not enough but perhaps knowing she is no longer suffering helps a little. {{hugs}}
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

I'm sorry... I know how you feel.  I just lost two of my cats within a week and I'm hunting the critter that took them from me.  :'(
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

NoBill Lurker

So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???