News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Renlist - a new faire directory!

Started by theChuck, August 28, 2012, 07:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Kett

Rowan MacD

I put the Nebraska Faires in; but the 2013 dates are first and second weekends in May.
   Firm dates are based on the condition of the grounds after the winter.
   Bellevue berry Ranch builds and maintains the buildings and grooms the paths and grounds, and sometimes  will move the event a week to accommodate reconstruction of roads and paths.  It is a nicely maintained facility, and the owners/operators are carpenters and stay on top of things.   They have been adding new buildings each year, and have a petting zoo on the property.

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

theChuck

Lady Kett: thanks for the kind words!

I've updated the front page a little to show current fairs and whatnot. And I'll be making other incremental changes along the way.
The Renlist - find faires near you!

Ginette

Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

RenFestHQ

Love the site
I was thinking of trying something similar with my website, but the job of all that coding just seems so overwhelming

dbaldock

Don't mean to be a spoil-sport, but the Forum Guidelines do say this -

17. Signature Lines
At this point, we don't want the forum to look like a Nascar Rally.  No image banners or links, please, until we state otherwise.  Any offenders will have their profile modified without notification.  Text is fine.

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

robert of armstrong

Your site is a great tool for us North of the border who travel south to visit permanent Faires.  Thanks so much for heping know what is going on near us!  We don't have any multi-weekend permanent Faires anywhere near Toronto anymore  :'(   :-[   :-\   >:(    but I will try to get info on the smaller *mobile* faires and fests and let you know.

There are two missing that we have visited:

Sterling RenFest
15385 Farden Road, Sterling, NY, United States
sterlingfestival.com

Great Lakes Medieval Faire & Marketplace
3033 Ohio Hwy 534, OH, United States
medievalfaire.com
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

theChuck

Robert: both of those faires are in there right now - we just don't have any upcoming dates for them. If you change the dropdown from Upcoming to All, you'll see them.

Your comment has made me think about a few things, though, and I think I've got some small interface changes I need to make. Thanks!

theChuck

Apologies for double posting, but I wanted to point out some changes I've made:

- Added a whole bunch of Canadian fairs. You can also search by Canadian province!
- I've updated the frontpage to make searching a little clearer.

If you have a chance, take a look and let me know what you think!

The Lady Mercedes

Renaissance Pleasure Faire dates are up! April 6 thru May 19, 2013
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

GryffinSong

Love it!

One suggestion/question - is there a way to show ALL faires in the country? I have an RV, so a road trip isn't out of the question, and it would be nice to be able to easily see everything at once. This would make planning much easier.
"Be yourself, everyone else is taken." - Oscar Wilde

theChuck

You could just go to the List page - that has all of them on there.

Quote from: GryffinSong on October 17, 2012, 12:39:25 PM
Love it!

One suggestion/question - is there a way to show ALL faires in the country? I have an RV, so a road trip isn't out of the question, and it would be nice to be able to easily see everything at once. This would make planning much easier.

GryffinSong

"Be yourself, everyone else is taken." - Oscar Wilde

theChuck

I'm pleased to announce that I've put up a new version of the site! Same basic idea, only with a new design! Cleaner interface, easier to find fairs, and more!

Also, I've been constantly updating the dates and times on the site. And I've been tweeting at @therenlist with all sorts of fair updates, if you want to follow me.

The Lady Mercedes

Trying to update a faire, but it keeps saying server error...hope you can fix the bug!
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!