News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Does anyone ever post here anymore?

Started by Dallan, September 04, 2012, 02:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLAKDUKE

I much prefer R/F to FB.  FB to me is mindless drivel.  Each to his own I guess.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

dbaldock

But, does the Maryland Renaissance Festival have Cat Pictures?   ;)   ;D
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Amras Elfwine

Careful what you ask for, dbaldock...the potential for cat pics out of Maryland is staggering... :)

All in all, FB has slowed many of these old message posting boards. I myself have been as guilty as anyone. I am taking steps, effective immediately, to remedy that.

As far as political content goes, I try to be apolitical in all things. You will rarely hear me offer political opinion on any e-site. No one ever changed anyone's mind on one. I don't see the need, nor do I have the desire, to try. Political opinions are like certain anatomical parts...everybody's got one. That being said, I'll state as a moderator that as long as a person follows the board posting guidlines, their posts are safe with me.

Looking forward to getting more active here again...let me hear from you...oh, yeah, 97 days! Slainte!!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Merlin the Elder

My possible future daughter-in-law currently lives not far from you, Amras. I'm hoping, at some point, to come up and see your faire!  At this time, our son is not sure if he will move there, or she will move to NY. It totally depends on who gets a job in the other location first...how's that for confusing?

Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Amras Elfwine

Elder Mage, in these times, it makes perfect sense...In either of those locations, the potential for faire fun abounds...it would be good to show you about Revel Grove if the opportunity presented itself.
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

Serenity

Oh yes Merlin, it would be wonderful to have you visit Revel Grove!!
DoRT
OBL
MDRF FoF Charter Member
IWG #3798

Merlin the Elder

Your serenity may be at risk, Serenity, should I appear at your gates. I am an old and cantankerous wizard.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Amras Elfwine

Currently blowing the dust of this mill wheel-powered contraption to see if it still works.
Greetings from the Chesapeake.
~ Am
R/F member since 2004

BubbleWright

Lord of the Squirrels- I have been a regular at posting in the last year, probably the only East Coaster to do so. As of today there may be hope. It seems the BOOK OF FACE is down with Domain Name Server problems. I have not been to the Maryland Faire in years and lost contact with the few people I knew there. I have not been to the PaRenFaire in the last 2 years due to Covid and health problems. However, I do maintain contact with a number of faire goers through other media. Wouldst that we see a resurgence of people returning to these hallowed pages.
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Amras Elfwine

BubbleWright! Long has it been.
Yes, FB's DNS problems may drive a few over here.
We are regulars at both MDRF and PARFG right now.
Headed up to PARF next weekend for Albannach weekend.
Hope this finds you well. Lady Elfwine and myself are fine,
and enjoying a quiet life these days.
We'll be here a little more often, and see what develops.
Cheers!
R/F member since 2004

Amras Elfwine

R/F member since 2004

wildthingjew

Is check every few years and then I disappear I'm here with lady Renee Buchanan Is visiting and brought up the subject of how much I missed this forum
jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

I once was active then dropped off the face of the earth for several years and now have been back for the past couple of years. It's kinda sad to see things the way that they are with such few postings but things are looking up .
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Amras Elfwine

Greetings all.
This site should become everyone's shield wall against FB.
Cheers!
Amras
R/F member since 2004

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

I agree... I hope so much for more that return and make this place magical again. I hope for newcomers as well. we need all from long ago up and till the new ..
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.