News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Age of chivalry 2012

Started by crazyrennie, September 10, 2012, 09:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazyrennie

Anyone going to this fair?
Crazyrennie

BLAKDUKE

a bit more info might help.  Like where is it, when is it a website maybe.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

DonaCatalina

Maybe this one.... its called Age of Chivalry Las Vegas
http://www.lvrenfair.com/
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

crazyrennie

MissKimRed

I've gone to this now for the 3 years I've lived in Vegas.  I went as a spectator not camper but I do dress up.  It was more fun when it was at Sunset park.  It had a little more atmosphere with the lakes and trees.  I'm going to have to bring a parasol this year.  I know it's not period but I got sun poisoning last year.  It's a big open field.  Other than that it is a lot of fun.

crazyrennie

From what i have heard it will be returning to Sunset park next year.
I had a couple of fighters drop from dehydration last year.
Mind you they were from Indiana and weren't ready for the lack of humidity....
But still I gave them a Gibbs slap
Crazy

cjacksonii

I've been looking at the website for this particular festival. It actually looks like a fun one to go to. Perhaps I can find a way to get somehow involved with one of the barbarian themed groups that go there, even just as someone watching (but in appropriate garb for the group). Being a trucker, it could be relatively easy for me to be in that area on that particular weekend next year....
Clayton Jackson
aka King Asterion the Minotaur, King of the Court of Mythological Creatures at Middlefaire

Sir Michael Geare

What is everyones opinion about this year's setup?  I for one think it is a big improvement over last year but will be glad when it returns to Sunset Park next year.
'The exercising of weapons puts away aches, griefs, and diseases, it
increases strength, and sharpens the wits.'

Lady Alice

Quote from: Sir Michael Geare on October 14, 2012, 10:28:58 PM
What is everyones opinion about this year's setup?  I for one think it is a big improvement over last year but will be glad when it returns to Sunset Park next year.

Overall, the setup was a vast improvement from 2011.  Getting rid of that huge wasted space in the middle saved a lot of shoe leather when trying to grab a quick bite between showtimes.  Compared to Sunset, the original location is still preferred.  The only things we liked better about Silver Bowl was the absence of dust from the walking paths and the improved covered seating for the joust arena.  I guess I can trade off the dust for shade, but let's also keep those stands.

Craigmeister

Good day.  Will there be an event this year?  I'm updating my website.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

BossWenchBetty

I've been wondering this myself! It seems that some returning Vendors have been sent out applications, yet their Facebook page has had no activity and any questions posted there have gone unanswered.  The information on their website was updated  a few months ago with  these dates:

"DATES:
October 10, 11 & 12, 2014

HOURS:
10:00AM to 10:00PM – Friday and Saturday, 10:00AM to 5:00PM - Sunday

GATES:
Friday Gates open at 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday Gates open at 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday Gates open at 10 a.m. – 4 p.m."

But there are no links active to contact anyone involved for participation in the event, or anything else except for a location map, parking information and a link to their neglected Facebook page.

No response to various messages, emails to several different addresses and phone calls to the listed number on the FB page with messages left have garnered no response.

Betty

Craigmeister

Thanks, Betty.  I'll get the info on my site.  Hopefully, this event will come to life.  Have a good one.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.