News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

progressing the weekend of October 6-7 -

Started by Gauwyn of Bracknell, September 24, 2012, 11:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We will be returning for our annual progress and wondering it there are any lines on any discounted tickets/coupons for this weekend?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

Not finding any discounts anywhere!  Click and print will get you in for $17 vs. $20 gate price.

kcdcchef

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on September 24, 2012, 11:29:21 AM
We will be returning for our annual progress and wondering it there are any lines on any discounted tickets/coupons for this weekend?

if you go monday the 8th they always do buy one get one free on Columbus Day.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I know we will be meeting up with Butch at faire - who else is going to be there?

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

kcdcchef

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on October 02, 2012, 12:18:56 PM
I know we will be meeting up with Butch at faire - who else is going to be there?

I'll be there Sunday and Monday.

Norfolk

[/quote]

Excellent!  The Duchess and I will be there all three days.  Please do seek us out if perchance we do not recognize you.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Amyj

Pirate Bob and I have decided to make a last minute run up for Sat and most of Sunday.  I'll be the "Rum Fairy" so if you don't see my R/F pin, look for my "butt sign".  LOL!!!!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Butch

Well ALL RIGHT AMY J!  I look forward to seeing you and Bob this weekend!  It is supposed to be chilly on Sat (high 52), but Sun and Mon are gonna be in the 70s.

kcdcchef

Quote from: Norfolk on October 02, 2012, 10:09:09 PM

Excellent!  The Duchess and I will be there all three days.  Please do seek us out if perchance we do not recognize you.
[/quote]

i'll look for you! i have round black glasses, generally go to faire in jeans and a renfest shirt. see you then!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

Merlin the Elder

Such a handsome couple!  Happy Birthday to m'Lady!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Craigmeister

I was there yesterday garbed as Robin Hood with brown pants instead of green tights.  What fantastic weather it was!  I'll have my pictures posted on my website by the end of the week.  They will be at www.meistersrealm.com

I simply cannot express what a good time I had yesterday.  I was in no rush to see any particular acts at any particular stages.  Nor did I have my tent set up at the fest, so I had ample time to wander about and do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted.  It's been a loooooong time since I've had such freedom.  I didn't want to leave.  I'll have to make it a point to return next fall. 
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Butch

Well we had a great time!  The weather didn't cooperate very well (BRRR!) but we dressed warmly and soldiered through!  FANTASTIC seeing Lord Gauwyn and Lady Adele!  These two are the poster children for the R/F family!  Saw the Duke and Duchess (but they were pretty busy until closing gate) and the Baron and Baroness (actually saw them a lot more than I thought I would).  Was so happy to meet up with Gem and her "m'Lord"; heck, we even coaxed them outside for some lunch and refreshments!  Amy J and Pirate Bob were there (Amy "Rum Fairy" J in her fuzzy sleeves!) the party just oozes from these two!  Did not see kcdcchef (wasn't there Sun, but looked hard on Mon).
All-in-all, a fantastic time!  Woulda liked to have seen a few more at the tailgate, but oh well!
I think I'll make a bid to host RenDezVous next year.  Vote for KCRF!
Thank-you all for the great time!

Norfolk

The Duchess and I had a WONDERFUL weekend! 

We very much enjoyed seeing Butch, Lord and Lady Bracknell, et al.  But most of all we enjoyed the honor of being part of the magnificent KRF cast for these three days.  Having been on cast in Colorado and Santa Fe, and having regularly attended Arizona, Minnesota, Scarborough, KC, and TRF as playtrons, it is our considered opinion that the KC cast is consistently the most engaging, polished, and well-rehearsed cast of all.  Kudos to the Maestro! 

As for the weather:  As we were politely informed some years ago by a particularly delightful young lass at, I believe, Scarborough Faire, there is no bad weather for a festival; there is only inappropriate clothing!
Just call me "Your Grace"