News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faire Day at our Nursing Home in Denison Spring 2013

Started by Ryk Rakham, September 30, 2012, 03:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryk Rakham

Greetings Faire Friends,
I am trying to contact as many Faire folke as possible with this message. For  those of you who do not know,  I work as Director of Business Development for a Health Care company. My facility is  a long-term/rehab - The Homestead of Denison,  at 1101 Reba McEntire Lane,  Denison, TX 75020, is just about 2 hours north of Waxahachie, TX and an hour north of Dallas. We are planning a Renaissance Festival, to take place on a week day during the run of Scarby and OKRF. We will set a date after we get an idea of how many entertainers will be able to attend and the best day/date for those who can come. We would love to have comedy, pipes and drums, bellydance and any other of our favorite stars from the Faire world. We will have sponsors for acts who would like to take one of the weekdays during April or May and come and help us create a magical day for our residents. Community groups, other long-term care and Assisted Living facilities, family members and the public will be attending, including school children. Whichever day we set, we will run from mid-morning until about 6 p.m. We will have turkey legs, funnel cakes and other Faire fare. Area media will cover the event, so it will be a great chance to promote our love of Faire. Since so many Faire friends will be in the area, we hope it will not be too much trouble to make the drive up to Denison.  And again, we will have sponsors who will pay acts for their gas expenses plus a little more. With so many in attendance we believe there will be a good chance to sell CDs, DVDs, etc. It might even be great for a few vendors to come and set up a booth or two. Please consider this and help me to give these beautiful people a grand day of fun. Also, please pass this along to anyone else who  you believe might  be interested. We have great support and should be able to sponsor several entertainers with enough to cover the trip. We have had good response already and hope to hear from some more folks. We would love to have friends who might just want to drive up, be in garb and be part of this event. We hope to have a date set by December and have all of our Faire events set by then. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this long note, and let me know if you have questions or are interested in helping us out. My cell numbers are 903-327-6067 and 580-678-6705. Thanks, and havea wonderful day,
Rick Wilson
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

Craigmeister

Hmm.  A Renfaire on a weekday.  Interesting.  Have you thought of contacting nearby schools to see if they wish to organize field trips for the students?  That would sure beef up your attendance.  I went to the Norman Medfaire this year on its Friday.  There were tons of kids there until the early afternoon.

I'd like to add your event to meistersrealm.com.  Do you have a name and website for your event?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Rani Zemirah

I would love to participate in something like this, with my lane character, the Gypsy storyteller Rani Zemirah.  Unfortunately I have no vehicle at the present, so getting there would be the main hurdle. 

I hope you find lots of willing participants, because it sounds like a wonderful endeavor!  Good luck! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede