News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

thinking about making the drive down

Started by Ser Niall, September 20, 2012, 03:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ser Niall

My lady and I have been thinking about making the drive down 75 from Detroit to attend this faire one weekend in October.  Due to prior obligations, we might not be able to make it to any more weekends at MI Ren Fest (our usual faire), so we thought about doing this one.

How does it compare to MI Ren Fest?  Bigger, smaller?  We need to decide whether there's enough there to spend an entire weekend, or just attend for a day.  Anything in particular that we should make sure we see while we're there?

Also, how is the parking situation?  The only reason I ask is that the MI Ren Fest has become so popular, that they opened up an overflow lot that involves a significant, muddy walk to the faire entrance.  We just want to know what to expect so we bring appropriate footwear.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

Queen Genevieve

I am from Southwestern Michigan, and can tell you that I, for one, think making the drive to ORF, well worth it.  I like it better then MiRF.
Queen Genevieve

Imestra

The parking field is huge and grassy.  An early arrival can prevent a long walk after the close, and I don't think mud is a factor. 
Many Outlanders will attend both days on a weekend, which I do recommend if you want to see a lot of shows.
My list of must see includes The Swordsmen (Dirk & Guido) and the Pirate Stunt Show.
Albannach is performing Oct. 13 & 14 only, which is in the plans for my rogue & me.
We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars

amy

I have been in touch with a bunch of MI folks about coming to OHRF and it seems that the Capts of the Great Lakes and the pirates will be in attendence the weekend of the20-21st.   Should be a riot of a closing weekend with many friends from the R/F boards.     There will be toasts and story sharing among many who knew Owain and Hibernian as well.