News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Rennies are different because...

Started by Lady Aldyth, June 27, 2008, 03:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Dungcaster

Creative. Some of the most kindest folks I have ever met. I too will open my doors to a Rennie because that common bond of Faire. True we overlook many things that Mundanes seem to "jump" at. Ex.. I stopped in the local big grocery chain {in Garb] to pick up a fresh cold pineapple to present to Her Majesty at the Va. Faire one day lasy year. The looks I could feel.

It never mattered. I greeted all with a smile.
"Fantasy Football, Dungeons & Dragons for Jocks"
I.B.R.S.C #1068.

dreamwalker

Rennies don't judge and don't cast stones. Friendly, open, warm, accepting and always cool. Know how to loosen up and not take themsleves too seriously. Know how to kick back and have a good time.
Normal? What's that?

Jared Thorne

Rennies accept you for who you are, not what they want you to be. I think that is what helps me get through Thanksgiving dinner with my family is knowing that two days later I will be having Thanksgiving dinner with people that I want to be around. As my good lady Ariyana has said to me "there are two types of families, the one you were born with and the one that you make yourself". And that is also why I attend the Castleteers gatherings when the weather is bitterly cold, as the people there more than make up for the weather.
Jared Thorne
aka Sir Charles of Loveland Castle
KOGT
Rogue #261
LVH #76
IFRP #80

Rapier Half-Wit

If her eyes aren't sparkling, you didn't do it right...

DonaCatalina

...if you go to a rennie's home, chances are it will look like a tornado blew through the Smithsonian and deposited some of the medieval studies section in their house.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Kett

Quote from: DonaCatalina on June 18, 2012, 10:56:23 AM
...if you go to a rennie's home, chances are it will look like a tornado blew through the Smithsonian and deposited some of the medieval studies section in their house.

^^Like!^^

Merlin the Elder

I don't know about the deposits, but I know the house looks like a major storm hit...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

kcdcchef

Quote from: Jared Thorne on October 30, 2011, 04:35:14 PM
Rennies accept you for who you are, not what they want you to be. I think that is what helps me get through Thanksgiving dinner with my family is knowing that two days later I will be having Thanksgiving dinner with people that I want to be around. As my good lady Ariyana has said to me "there are two types of families, the one you were born with and the one that you make yourself". And that is also why I attend the Castleteers gatherings when the weather is bitterly cold, as the people there more than make up for the weather.

never thought of doing turkey day like that - get through it with family and then have a thanksgiving i really want with friends, etc. not a bad idea, really. wife and i have been thinking of how to deal with the annual drama/hell that is thanksgiving.

and you're right - rennies accept you for whatever you are. i never garb anymore. and i hang out with fellow rennies at the festivals/faires, and have a great time in my jeans and polo. and while watching an act, i have very varied interests - i'll have a cell phone out to check the chiefs score. and although me personally i think it's taboo to have phones out talking on them during acts, texting, and the like. so i feel like im breaking my own rule to keep it set to the game updates and glance at it here and there to see the chiefs score on sundays. no one judges me for that. no one says anything.

i love being around my fellow rennies, it's great.

groomporter

Besides they keep the patchouli industry in business...  ::)
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Hausfrau Monica

Rennies accept and celebrate in a very special way than mundanes do....

Except for my absolute best best friend and my Mom, no one else understands the depth of my long distance relationship with another Rennie.  Everyone that Ian and I have shared our relationship with on this board has given us such wonderful support and well wishes.  Being Rennies is what we started our friendship with and, over the years, have discovered so much more that we have in common.  We have such a connection with each other that eing separated by 1500 miles and two countries means little when we can connect by phone and computer and through this board.

kcdcchef

Quote from: groomporter on June 20, 2012, 11:27:45 AM
Besides they keep the patchouli industry in business...  ::)

and let's not forget our friends in the traveling axe throwing and blade throwing business.