News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Tessa has passed

Started by Sir Martin, October 02, 2012, 08:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Martin

A great woman died today.  She wasn't a movie star, Olympic athlete, or corporate executive, but she was an exceptional person.  She was my sweetheart, Tessa.  Her greatness was found in her unconditional love for family and friends, passion for helping others, and her unwavering faith in God.  She never possessed material wealth, but would use her limited resources to assemble and mail care packages to the poor in the Appalachian states.  She did not have enormous physical strength, but she used her time to comfort those who were in pain.  She did not have great endurance, but fought for survival against overwhelming odds since the day she was born.  Some of the world's finest transplant doctors learned from their experiences with her, and her willingness to share her case studies have helped countless other med students over the years.  Her kindness was matched by few in this world.  She was delighted to have met many of you at TRF, Scarby, BARF, Excalibur and Sherwood Forest Faire.  Tonight is my first night in almost 20 years without her and I honestly don't know what to do.  I hope I can continue to learn from her fine example, and I will never forget her endless love.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Oh, Martin, my heart is breaking for you now. 

We have fond memories of Tessa, such a lovely person.  Steve and I always enjoyed the times we spent with both of you. At least we know she is in Heaven, free from any pain, and eventually, someday, you two will be reunited.

You are in my prayers.  I am so sorry for your loss.

Scarborough RF, RenDezvous, 2010

A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Bonny Pearl

Our heartfelt condolences to you Martin.  I am sure she is at peace and as Lady Renee said you will see her again one day.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Captain Jack Wolfe

Martin, I am so very sorry for your loss. Please know that you're in my prayers.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Welsh Wench

I had the pleasure of meeting Tessa at BARF a few years back. What a lovely person!

Martin, my heart breaks for you also. Please find strength from the love you shared with, indeed, this great woman.

{{{HUGS}}}
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Lady Nicolette

Martin, I know what it is like to lose someone you love for the rest of your life.
My condolences to you.
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Rani Zemirah

Oh, my dear Martin... I am so sorry... my heart aches for your loss, and I pray that you have friends and family around you right now to seek comfort in shared memories.  I will be thinking of you...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

angusmacinnes

So sorry to hear of your loss lad. 
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

DonaCatalina

Oh Martin, I am so sorry. She was such a wonderful lady I'm sorry that I got to spend so little time with her. May your memories of her be always good ones.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

Martin, I cannot begin to comprehend your sense of loss. Your tribute clearly described this woman to me, someone who had never had the pleasure of meeting her. Please accept my sincerest condolences.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

iain robb

Sir Martin, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

KeeperoftheBar

Sir Martin, I am so sorry for your loss.
As long as she is remembered, she is never truly gone.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

scarletnyx

My heartfelt condolences for your loss Martin. Loss is never easy, as I found out much too young, but having loving friends and family around you helps.

Massive peaceful and strength waves coming your way.
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

Trillium

Oh Martin!!!   I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  My heart and lots of comforting hugs go out to you.
Got faerie dust?

lys1022

Martin, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.  I didn't know Tessa, but she sounds like the kind of Lady that I would love to have been friends with.  *HUG*  Your words are a beautiful memorial.  Thank you for sharing them at this difficult time.
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

Molden

Martin - I am SO sorry to hear of your Loss! My heart goes out to you and I will keep you in my prayers Mate. Sincerest Sympathies
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Baron Frederick

Martin,Although I have never met you,my heart goes out to you at this time.Keep the good memories of your times together and life will go on for you.
Baron Frederick

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Martin, my friend, i am sadden by your loss and i am at a loss for words.  :'(

May the Lord comfort you and ease the pain of your grief.
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Sir Martin

Thank you all so much for the wonderful words of comfort and friendship.  I am a truly blessed man.

Lord Clisto of York

Very sorry for your loss. Prayers go out to you
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Capt. Bacardi

We are sad to hear this news, our thoughts and prayers are with you and you family.
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Sir Smithwick

So very sorry to hear this Sir Martin.  Prayers and positive thoughts going your way.

Lady Gregory

I am so sorry on the loss of your beloved Tessa.  I am sure she is watching over you now as your guardian angel.  Another life taken too soon.  Praying for peace and comfort for you and all who love her.

lady serena

So sorry Sir Martin for your loss. Hugs.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

Auryn

Sir Martin,
we never have met in person but I always enjoy your posts.
I am so very sorry for your loss.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec