News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

x shaped wings

Started by jackrocks, October 03, 2012, 02:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

Uhhh... is he asking for a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, maybe?  They're the only "lime green" ninjas I've ever seem...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

isabelladangelo

Quote from: jackrocks on October 06, 2012, 10:34:07 PM
I have the wings built and I just need to attach the tulle now :)

Now I just need to figure out how to make my sons request for an "old fashioned lime green ninja"

Very useful for a green screen environment.   ;)

jackrocks

Nope. Not the turtle kind....old school ninjas with a hooded face.

In lime green. This is modified from the original request for lime AND fuschia lol.

I bought four yards of lime green fabric tonight.

I have no idea how to do this.

I was thinking he wanted the martial arts dogi look,  but evidently I was mistaken. I think I'm just going to make loose drawstring waist pants but the shirt has me stumped.

isabelladangelo

I'd make a pair of baggy pants, a kimono styled top, and bind the baggy pants with green ribbon.  That with a green balaclava should work.  Just think Star Wars Jedi, but green.   ;D

Rani Zemirah

Well, this is probably a bit more "old fashioned" than he means... but it's pretty authentic.  ;D 

You might try something like this, though...

But probably this is what he wants...

Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

jackrocks

Great ideas! I have to finish the corvo atano costume for my other son. Halloween party is the 23 and I have to really work to get these both done.

GryffinSong

Wow, Rani, that "old fashioned" garb is fabulous!!!
"Be yourself, everyone else is taken." - Oscar Wilde

Rani Zemirah

I know, right?  I was pretty impressed when I googled it... and this is what came up from that Ultimate Warrior program, or whatever it's called, where they pit two very different style ancient warriors from different places against each other in a computer simulated battle, with all the variables input, and see who the computer says would be the winner.  With LOTS of computer generated graphics, of course... but this is the garb they identified with an ancient ninja, and not the samurai I would have thought of, just from seeing it. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede