News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

So many gone this year

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, October 04, 2012, 06:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

I can think of 4 faire people who have died this year, and I'm sure there are more, though I don't know them.

Lord Figaro, Owain Phyfe, Hibernian, Tessa.  There is also a woman from Bristol whom I didn't know but I saw in the FoF post that she also has died.

What sadness to lose such nice people.  The memories will remain.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

iain robb

I think it's more than memories, Lady Renee. These folks have touched our lives and made them better.

It's a good reminder to me: Am I touching people's lives? Am I making things better? Am I putting more in than I am taking out?

You never know how much time you have to touch those around you.

Merlin the Elder

So very true, Iain.  I want to be remembered as a good person, like my dad. In the 5 years since my dad died, I have yet to hear any comment about him that is the least bit negative. He was always respectful of people. He had a long fuse and a short memory when it came to anger, in other words, it was tough to get him mad, but he forgave quickly.

We've also had some close calls in the past year: Sholo with his severe asthma attack, Sidekick with his stroke, and me with a heart attack. We're all connected now. Some connections may be tenuous, but we have connected. Some connections have become quite strong. There are many here that I've found myself to be quite close to. The number expands with each new faire I visit.

Friends are a gift. They must be cherished and cared for. Those who have crossed over, we must remember fondly, but accept that death is simply the next step.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

When my time comes, I want my friends... my family... and my clan, to join together in a celebration of my life.  Mourn me not because I'll be watching from the other side of the veil... laughing at all of you.  ;)  Raise a mug and raise a pipe in my honor... Eat and drink well today, for tomorrow we may die.  I'm sure as hell am not going to meet my maker on an empty stomach.

Burn me... part of my ashes in a opening cannon shot and the rest to my land in Scotland...  :)

Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

eloquentXI

It is definitely about cherishing the memories and the impact these people have had on our lives. Our Scarborough family and our TRF family have been hit hard in the past two years, and I have mourned for a few others beyond that...

When I feel like the sadness is too much, I remind myself how blessed I am to have had each moment and laughter with each of those people. Walking thru the gates of Scarby will never been the same without Tyna, and I will undoubtedly shed a tear at Karl/Purple Dragons absense at TRF in a few weeks...but how blessed I am to have known them before they parted.

We are connected, Merlin. And we will always be. I wouldn't change that for the world.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)