News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Weekend

Started by kydavid, June 27, 2008, 06:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratman and Bobin

Quote from: Synikul on August 17, 2008, 03:19:02 PM
I have horribly mixed feelings at the moment about this. On the one hand it's "YEAH! Fair starts in two weeks!"

On the other hand it's "Oh $%^&!!!! Fair starts in two weeks! AHHHHHHHHHH!!! We have to clean up the booth, and make up more stock, and...and...and....AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

:)

Hurry!! Hurry!! we want to see those beautiful fairy wings when we come through the gate !! and i think bobin and gingerkat need a dust refill !!  ;D ;D
cheers,
ratman & bobin
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants!
Isaac Newton 1642-1727
Chroniclers of Willy-Nilly

Synikul

Quote from: Ratman and Bobin on August 17, 2008, 08:43:08 PM
Quote from: Synikul on August 17, 2008, 03:19:02 PM
I have horribly mixed feelings at the moment about this. On the one hand it's "YEAH! Fair starts in two weeks!"

On the other hand it's "Oh $%^&!!!! Fair starts in two weeks! AHHHHHHHHHH!!! We have to clean up the booth, and make up more stock, and...and...and....AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

:)

Hurry!! Hurry!! we want to see those beautiful fairy wings when we come through the gate !! and i think bobin and gingerkat need a dust refill !!  ;D ;D
cheers,
ratman & bobin

Dust is the one thing we already have in abundance. We're feverishly making more wings, and nervously waiting for the shipment of wands.

Do you mean the beautiful wings in the shop, or the wings I'll be wearing? Mine won't be beautiful this year. My new fairy costume is a horror show, black boots, black pants or tights, black long sleeve shirt, black gloves, black belt, black executioner hood with grey gauze covering my face. No skin will be visible, and I'll be carrying a staff with a skull on top. The new wings are the best part, and the only piece that isn't finished yet. At Pennsic last week, I went to a leather merchant and bought pieces from his scrap bin. They're going to be hanging loose from a heavy wire frame, and should give the effect of tattered rotting skin. I'm toying with the idea of never speaking aloud when I wear that costume outside of the booth. The possible problem I might have is that I don't want to scare small children away from the booth. ;D

FortuneRose

Quote from: kydavid on June 27, 2008, 06:52:18 PM
OK. So who is going to be there opening weekend?

So I am late in responding...  me, my hubby, and the wee-one will be there!  My hubby and his grandfather are scrambling to try and get a wagon built for my son...  they've been talking about it for some time now, but I've yet to see anything go into production!
LLVW

Amra the Lion

I haven't been able to make Opening weekend for years due to other conflicts but will be there on the 6th.

I'm still a little shy about coming in garb (my friends think me weird) but am planning to this year just cause I am weird!

Sir William Marcus

Weird??? Fun, blessed, creative, cool  and perhaps super special but not weird, unless your a pyrate!
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Amra the Lion

Quote from: Sir William Marcus on August 19, 2008, 02:19:44 PM
Weird??? Fun, blessed, creative, cool  and perhaps super special but not weird, unless your a pyrate!

Um Uh, well, yes, I am a Pyrate!

Sir William Marcus

ROFL! Welp..Case Closed then!  ;) ;D
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

jinx

It looks like I'll be bringing along some fresh meat!  As long as plans don't change, my cousin and a friend of hers (neither of whom have ever been to Faire) will be coming with me.  Plus, due to the hubby's new schedule, I'll be able to stay all day.

So, I'll see anyone who'll be there on the 30th!
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

Angus

"...cause I am weird!"

Amra, Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else...
Chief cook, and bottle washer...

kydavid

Quote"...cause I am weird!"

Amra, Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else...

Not me! I'm differant. I am the same.

CapnFayeCutler

Quote from: Sir William Marcus on August 19, 2008, 02:19:44 PM

HEY!!! I resemble that remark! (Watch out, I'll send my hurricane/tropical storm after you) ;)
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Sir William Marcus

Wait a minute? Your NOT a mercenarie fighting in behalf of her majestys royal navy???

Thats kinda weird, and now a hurricane/tropical storm named after you...thats really weird.... wait a minute!  You are a Pyrate!!!!!  ;) ;D

Amra the Lion

Well, my Pyrate friends bailed out on me for the 6th so I may be going solo  :'(  Seems as if they'd rather be spending time on the water that weekend so I guess I no longer need to worry about them thinking me weird.

What is weird is a single guy traveling alone in garb, I definitely need me a wench!

CapnFayeCutler

No worries, Amra. I'm sure we can wrangle a wench or five for you. ;)
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Dragonlord

Oooh, is someone giving away wenches??  Sign me up.   ;D