News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Studmuffin Threw Keeper

Started by *Teach*, October 08, 2012, 09:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Teach*

I posted this to our clan but didn't think to post on here at the time.
Keeper fell while getting his scooter together. He will be ok I'm sure (after a bit of a rest) but it does look like he has broken his leg (femur, just above the knee). I was with him when it happened. I will say he has an amazing pain tolerance as he lay there laughing at us making a fuss over him (seriously, he told Alex that he was fine without a pillow under his under... laying there in the rocky road. He got a pillow anyways lol).
He was taken by ambulance to Conroe regional hospital if anyone is in the area to stop in to visit him in the next few days. His family (I think) is in Houston so I'm sure company would be welcome. The last thing he told me when they loaded him in the ambulance was that he would be back for AHE (I admire the spirit, but I'm thinking the docs may have a different idea there).
His car and camp stuff was taken to his mother's house so no one need worry on that front (Thanks Mac and Niki).
The last update I've had was that he was in surgery today but it was to late for me when I got home to call his mom to see how it all went. I will call tomorrow and post more once I have more information.
I would also like to add that this is the first serious incident I have seen in the campgrounds in quite some time and I was mightily impressed with the response team including Terre Albert who came to make sure everything was ok.
And thanks to all who came to help in the few minutes before the TRF team made and never asked for anything in return.

*A rum toast to ya Keeper, see ya soon I'm sure*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Lishy

We heard about this Sunday afternoon. So sorry to hear, Keeper is one of my very favorite people. Sending healing thoughts and lots of love his way!

Feel better soon Kevin!!!
Muintir Go Deo!
SquishyLishy, Squeak, 1/2 of D-Lish
Clan o hEighnigh

Autumn Blaize

Oh no! We are praying for a fast recovery!! Glad to hear everything turned out as well as it did under the circumstances!

PollyPoPo

I have not met him personally but have enjoyed his conversations here.  Sending best wishes for a quick recovery.

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

DonaCatalina

Oh NO!
Take care of yourself Kevin. I was looking forward to seeing you later in the season.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

Keeper, if you're reading this, get well soon. If you are not reading this, get well anyway.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

RenStarr

Diddo on those that have stated:  Keeper (Kevin) is one of my favorite people to chat with while at TRF.

Get well soon Kevin and I look forward to seeing you once again mounted on your trusty steed, Studmuffin!! 
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

<Alex>

Betty and I are thinking of him too.
Member of Clan Phoneix Risen
<Scarletnyx's Husband>
<Carrier of the Bags>
<Smoker of the Hookah>
<The Quiet One>

Bonny Pearl

I'm glad to hear it wasn't worse.  Lots of healing thoughts to you Keeper!  It was so good to see you enjoying yourself on the new deck of the Sea Devil on Saturday.  :)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Trillium

Sending out lots of healing thoughts!
Got faerie dust?

Sir Moostifer

Keeper,
wishing you a speedy recovery, and looking forward to sharing another pint of Bass with you and our favorite bar keep! 
Sir Moostifer
House of Moose
of Overton Village
Imbibo Insquequo Madidus!
Royal Guard
Kingdom of Onondaga

eloquentXI

Just saw this! I am so glad that he's ok!!

Big thanks to Mac and Nikki.

Please keep us updated, Teach. <3 to Kevin, he's a great guy.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

lys1022

Get well quickly, Keeper!  And tell Studmuffin that he needs to BEHAVE from now on! :)
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

Yrose

Good energy for fast healing coming your way!
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

maeven

Prayers and well-wishes from the hubby and myself. As for StudMuffin... let's just make sure we give him good scritchin's behind his ears next time we see him to keep him happy!  :)
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor