News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening day countdown

Started by iain robb, October 09, 2012, 06:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain robb

Just 134 days until opening day -- Feb. 23, 2013.

I'm hoping it'll be a cold day again. My wife tried on her new noble gown so I could mark the hem, and before I was done we had the air conditioner AND the fan going in the room. She's hot in that dress.  ;D

iain robb

125 days until opening day ...

iain robb

105 days now until opening day ...

Lady Kett

Iain, I'm hoping we will get to see you again and see your masterpiece in person...we are moving to Ft Lauderdale soon!

Merlin the Elder

...may the gods help you, Iain....  ::)
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Kett

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on November 17, 2012, 08:35:34 AM
...may the gods help you, Iain....  ::)

I'd tell you to behave, but that is a lost cause? ;)

Merlin the Elder

Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

iain robb

Quote from: Lady Kett on November 17, 2012, 08:16:10 AM
Iain, I'm hoping we will get to see you again and see your masterpiece in person...we are moving to Ft Lauderdale soon!

Really? Wow, that's great to hear! (Been traveling and missed your post until now.) After Scarby and TRF, you may find BARF a bit disappointing (tent fair -- no permanent structures due to hurricane codes), but the people are great. The other people, I mean. They're nice.

I'm sure we'll have an opening day tailgate. If you're here then, you have to get there and shiver with the rest of us Floridians. (We do that whenever the temperature drops below 70, and a couple of years back it was actually below freezing at the opening day tailgate.)

adamfifer

I will be there, fife in one hand and my 2 beautiful lasses in my other!

Love to meet a fellow R/Fer and throw a big faire-hug on ya! It's been a few years, but I'm getting back in the faire-of-things. It never leaves your system once you fall in love with the faire, I've missed it so!

I've managed to make Lady of the Lakes and Sarasota MF so far, and have already made my schedule for HoggeTowne, both Deerfield and Miami FLARF's and of course a healthy dose of my hometown faire BARF!

I also plan on 3 out of state faires this coming year. Not sure which but likely GA, TN, and NC or SC.

I was a full member here about 4 years ago, then life got stupid and I put things in the wrong order of importance, lol... No more though, I love the faire and the faire lifestyle TOO much to ever lose it again!

Anyway, sorry to talk your ear off. Hope to see you at BARF, first mead or porter, or beer on me!

adam
I live in 1 nation under God, but my heart will always be in 7 Nations!!!

Itish/Scotch or Scotch/Irish BEST of SEVEN

iain robb

Adam, so good to make your acquaintance here. We're sure to do it in person soon.

My wife and I usually go to Lady of the Lakes, but were in Pennsylvania that weekend this year. And we'll be in Thailand when Hoggetown rolls around. But in addition to BARF, we're planning to get to FLARF and GARF this year. (Which makes it sound as if I have a disease: "Yes, I BARFed, FLARFed and GARFed this year.")

We just were at the closing Sunday at Carolina RF last week, and are talking about getting to Tennessee this year as well.

So it'll be a miracle if we don't see eachother a lot!

iain robb

Oh, and ... 91 days until opening day ...

adamfifer

Thailand... well you do travel don't you, lol!

My schedule looks like...

Hoggetowne - Jan. 26th and 27th
BARF - Feb. 23rd - and all other days (except for the 2 weekends below)
FLARF (Deerfield Beach) - March 16th and 17th
FLARF (Miami) - March 30th and 31st

Still working on GA and TN but I'll bet ya I'll make at least 1 weekend at each!

Not to divert the thread but what are your thoughts on Hoggetowne? This will be my first apperance there and I was wondering what to expect. From what I've been able to find, it seems to be somewhere between Lady of the Lakes and BARF (maybe Sarasota MF-ish) but there isn't much info out there. Any must-do's or don't-s at this faire?

See you soon!

adam

adamfifer

Cpt. Black Shadow

I am Captain Black Shadow. Captain of the Pirate Dreadship Katie Marie! MuwahahaHa

iain robb