News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening day countdown

Started by iain robb, October 09, 2012, 06:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain robb

I am SO wishing that this weekend's forecast (highs in the 60s, lows near 40) was the forecast for opening weekend. Looks like we'll be back into the 80s for opening weekend, and that's too hot for my wife to wear the blue velvet noble gown I made her. (Though I certainly would not want a return of the weekend when it was literally freezing at cannon and didn't seem to get out of the 30s all day. I remember buying a cup of coffee and standing in the sun to drink it, and I was still shivering.)

Mind you, just observing, not complaining. Not in the least. I didn't have to dig my car out of a snowbank even once this winter, or any winter in recent memory, and our cold comes in "snaps," not in big Arctic waves that bear down on you for a week or more at a time. Nope, we have it good here in Florida.

Just saying, a bit cooler would be nice ... you know?

NoBill Lurker

accuweather.com has opening weekend... Saturday morning in the 40's with the high around 64, Sunday starts at 50 gets up to 67.
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

iain robb

Oh good. That sounds velvetable.

NoBill Lurker

Now they have Saturday as 59/85  with showers in the morning and Sunday 61/79 with a 55% chance of rain...
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

iain robb

Yikes! Now, with
days to go, Saturday's forecast is:
High of 82, low of 68.
Definitely not velvet weather.
And try as we might, there won't be fresh orange juice either. The harvest is dismal. Almost nil.

Jessi

UUGH!! Opening day has been on the house calender for 2 months. I asked off at work 2 months ago. YESTERDAY my daughter and I realize that we have a scheduling conflict. She has a birthday party/sleepover friday night. So I am trying to get ahold of my boss to see if I can take sunday off instead.
Jessi

"Normal is not as common as you think."

Cpt. Black Shadow

I shall be bringing Mimosa stuff this weekend probably 2 bottles of each both days and possibly a veggie tray for a healthy snack as there will be much unhealthy stuff and drinking to be done just to try and help out.
I am Captain Black Shadow. Captain of the Pirate Dreadship Katie Marie! MuwahahaHa

iain robb

My wife and I both remember that I had a really good idea about what to bring instead of orange juice.

And neither of us can remember what the idea was.

I'll bring something ...

Merlin the Elder

We had Poinsettias for opening day of Sherwood. I had never had one before and they were quite tasty!  http://cocktails.about.com/od/cocktailrecipes/r/poinsettia_cktl.htm
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Jessi

Conflict resolved. Be there Saturday!! ;D
Jessi

"Normal is not as common as you think."

iain robb

Quote from: Jessi on February 21, 2013, 09:41:27 PM
Conflict resolved. Be there Saturday!! ;D

Huzzah! It will be good to see you and your crew again!

iain robb

Oh, and I've decided what I'm bringing, if I can only figure out how to make it without getting up at 3 a.m.

It's a raisin schiacciatta recipe that dates back at least to the Renaissance.

Kate

Weekend Weather:
Saturday : High 79, Low 66, 10% chance of rain
Sunday: High 77, Low 66, 30% chance of rain

Can't wait to see you all tomorrow morning!  :-* :-* :-*

BTW, NEXT weekend's weather has highs in the upper 60s. THAT would be perfect!
Kate
Pink'n Penny

iain robb

Hold on, change of plans ...

Yes, we will have fresh-squeezed Florida oeange juice!

iain robb

Well, I had a wonderful time on opening day. It was so nice to see folks again, after so long. Anyone else?