News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Rocky Horror PIRATE Show

Started by JackGonzo, MD, September 05, 2013, 04:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackGonzo, MD

It's getting close enough that I can start pimping the show. For the second year in a row The Exceptional Beauties will be doing the Rocky Horror Pirate Show to celebrate Talk Like A Pirate Day. Sadly due to our schedule we can't actually have it on that day, but the same month works right?

We are performing at the new Alamo Drafthouse Vintage Park so it's much closer to those that live in Magnolia, Woodlands, etc. I'll put the back of the postcard above after this that has more info.

There is a costume contest, with a fabulous prize. We do double feature DVDs as a prize but this month it's a special 4 movie dvd. If you come in costume you do get your Rocky bag half off.

There will be virgin sacrifices, trying to determine what would be the best piratey virgin sacrifice.

A few people in the cast are rennies so we're very excited about this particular show.

If any of you who have a shop or anything of that nature and want to promote something for TRF just let me know and I will do my best to allow you to do that at the show.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Hector_

Sounds awesome! Consider me there!!

Is there any way to reserve seats or is it "first come first seat"?

JackGonzo, MD

It's a first come first seat theater. We do suggest buying your ticket ahead of time, we have sold out a few of our shows recently, especially at this theater.

See, Hector got lucky too. Went and liked our FB page, was the 300th like, and won 3 free Rocky Bags.

Hector_

Quote from: JackGonzo, MD on September 06, 2013, 09:43:03 AM
It's a first come first seat theater. We do suggest buying your ticket ahead of time, we have sold out a few of our shows recently, especially at this theater.

See, Hector got lucky too. Went and liked our FB page, was the 300th like, and won 3 free Rocky Bags.

Woo Hoo!!

Riot

I was so hoping to make this too.. but I have a brunch, then a wedding, then a party to go to all on that day already!
"I'm sweet, innocent, virginal, and full of all things goodness and light"

Bonny Pearl

hhhmmmm.... I live very, very close to this theater AND have pirate garb..... ;)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

JackGonzo, MD

Quote from: Bonny Pearl on September 10, 2013, 04:18:25 PM
hhhmmmm.... I live very, very close to this theater AND have pirate garb..... ;)

One of the reasons I specifically asked for Vintage Park for this month. I knew there'd be more flys to the rum here than in Mason  8)

Seanessy

SO looking forward to this show!  Perfect time to test-run your garb and flex those Pirate-speak muscles before the Faire starts.  As Jack said, it WILL sell out, and I'd hate to see any of our friends here left out, especially all garbed up!
"I make believe like asexuals make love—alone, with cardboard tubes."
- Jarod Kintz

JackGonzo, MD

If anyone wants to RSVP on FB here is the link.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1416718318547478/

Great to see that some of the yes and maybe are faire folk, very excited to have everyone there!

JackGonzo, MD

An update a few days before the show. We have been upgraded to the largest theater they have at Vintage Park, it seats 191 I believe. For those wondering when to arrive, they usually let people in the doors 30 minutes before our technical showtime. However there is a bar in the lobby with a nice outside patio as well. If you get there around 8 you'll see Seanessy harassing the locals in his garb.

We look forward to seeing everyone and big thanks to Hector who has been pimpin the show almost as much as we have these last few weeks.

Hector_

:D

Looking forward to it!!  At least 6 of us will be going from the stroll to the theater!!  Mayhaps will be Pirate-gating for a while before the show!!  (Get it?  Pirates tailgating  :P

JackGonzo, MD

Just so everyone can see. Sadly Hector's shoes didn't rival our costume winner (the man in the boa, he had some shiny shoes)