News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Not Allowed Any More New Projects. Who's with me?!

Started by gem, October 10, 2012, 05:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gem

Ooooh, but now she OWES you!!

I am getting ready to embark on one of my UFOs from this list tomorrow! A local RF.com member and I are getting together for a sewalong to work on English fitted gowns from the Tudor Tailor pattern!

LadyStitch

I've tried to do a sew along, or a stitch and witch with local people but never seem to get anyone to commit. 

She is sending me me her daughter's measurements so I can make one for her as well.  I'm using the stash fabric I got for that.   As for owing me,  we and I have worked out a great trade of services program.  She has business of her own and since her by hour services are the same as mine.  It balances out.  We both get what we need :)

btw when I was digging through the tub last night I found oodles of trim yardages, and antique buttons / sigh  You KNOW these will have to be made into something.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

CenturiesSewing

Elizabethan loose jacket thing from 2006...needs lining put in and trim on the tabs - might abandon tabs for now
Tudor pointed hood, needs wire and velvet facing -Find where the heck my velvet has gone..
Fantasy elf dress - just needs neckline binding - find where the tulle went to do this with..

Purple cotte- needs all the eyelets
Other purple dress- needs eyelets and seam finishing - going to overlock so there is minimal bulk.

Skirted doublet - draft collar, cut lining and skirts, make buttons and hand sew button holes - find where the skirt pattern went

Screaming red hand sewn wool kirtle- Needs the left sleeve set and then done. (save I need to make pin on sleeves for it too...)

Rowan MacD

Quote from: CenturiesSewing on April 28, 2014, 05:07:02 AM
Tudor pointed hood, needs wire and velvet facing -Find where the heck my velvet has gone..

Is that a gabled hood, or a different species?  Always interested in stuff like this.
What pattern do you use, or do you draft your own?
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

CenturiesSewing

Rowen it is a hood that may have evolved into the gable. I did a small post about it back in 2012 *mumble*

http://centuries-sewing.com/2012/08/08/the-queens-servants-pointed-hood-or-my-induction-into-a-secret-gnome-society/

The pattern is from the Queen's Servants.

LadyStitch

Mundane sewing was completed, so tried to move on to the other outstanding projects.

Mock up of new bodice- went great but really need another seamstress friend or I need to haul out my dress dummy.
Cold weather wool dress- Started to lay this out and found that the fabric "talking" to me saying, that is not what I want to be made into, so back to drawing board.  I may end up making a wool, 1870's gown that I can wear with my steam punk stuff, and during dicken's fest when it is cold.
Sir Roland Project- told to put on hold because not ready to be worn.
Super Secret Pp project-  Got fabric swatches ordered, pattern cut out, and just need to get enough fabric for mock up.  This thing is looking to be 10 yards of fabric !
Fuzzlet's special princess project:  Found a discontinued pattern in my stash that is exactly what I need, placed it in the 'next project' box so I can easily find it.
Patchwork coat project:  Started sewing up fabric scraps to make yardage for coat.  So far I have got 2 yards at 45 inches wide, but to make sure there is little "repeat", I am making it 60 inches wide and build from there.  Now I just need to finalize the look I want.  I keep going back and forth from Russian Cossak coat, to victorian tail coat, to square neck long coat with alot of flare in the back.
Fuzzlet Cape: Found the yardages of polar fleece I have, but can't decide if I want to do a circle cloak or a more shaped one.
Victorian Petticoat:  I have this laid out and I have yet to sew it up.
New flannel bloomers:  I have these laid out but not cut it out.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.