News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faire Magazine

Started by SirBlackFox, June 27, 2008, 10:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Neysa

Just put in for my subscription, can't wait to see it!

SirBlackFox

Quote from: Lady Neysa on July 13, 2008, 10:33:03 PM
Just put in for my subscription, can't wait to see it!

I hope it meets all your expectations and more!
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

SirBlackFox

Faire Magazine. . .written for YOU!!

Right here on RenaissanceFestival.com, there's been some flack going around that Renaissance Magazine isn't what it used to be. . . . especially when one out of every six issues is designated for weddings.

So I got that itchy artsy/publishing feeling again.  Then a few R/F folks pushed me.  Then a few more, who enjoy what I've done in the pirate community with The Pyrates Way magazine and would enjoy a similar magazine for "Rennies."

Hmmmmmmmmm I wondered if a full color magazine with amazing features about different faires including prices, types of food and drink, and detailed info on where to stay in the area, what to expect, etc. . . be a good idea? What if it included a part just for serious re-enactors. . . and a vendor's area. . .and a garb-making area. . . and a feature on some interesting faire artists that you might not know about? If it all came in a nice package every quarter for less than $6 an issue. . .would you people be interested?

So now there's a choice for your magazine dollar.  You can chose a black-and-white magazine produced on conventional paper and includes a lot of articles which boost their advertisers but leave readers wanting more faire-oriented material (which was the magazine's original promise). . .  or would you rather have a thick magazine of grand photography that brings far-away festivals into your home to share with kin and counsel? 

Personally, I think there's room for both.  This idea might piss off both my CPA and my wife, who counts on me to at least bring <i>something</i> home in funds for this idea. . . .  but 'tis true.  I'll subscribe to both magazines, so I can get all the information.  That's the truth of it. . . I can provide a lot in our magazine and they can provide other material.

So here's the deal. . . check us out at: www.Faire Magazine.com and see if you like the idea.  It's a magazine about Renaissance Faires. . .not just the Renaissance.  It's a way to give those involved in Renaissance Festivals, whether owner, entertainer, actor, vendor, playtron or paytron. . . a voice.  Our goal is to share these festivals and faires with those who might never (*insert cost of gas here) get the chance to visit.

Subscribers are important but Advertisers pay the bills.  If you have a business that's been less-than-profitable this season due to the down-attendance/gas/travel costs. . then this is a way to reach those that would love to see what you have to offer.

C'mon and join us. . . it's all about faire . . . so it's all about us.

(xposted everywhere)
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

SirBlackFox

The elements of the first issue have been morphing, changing and added to . . .  but if you've not subscribed yet, now's your chance to join the "First 500" club!

www.fairemagazine.com
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard

Just submitted my subscription. Looking forward to the first issue.
IPB Clan Chieftain - Clan Williams (Kansas)
Crew of The Bayou Scoundrel
Landshark #58

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

I just sent payment for a subscription to this new Magazine. I also subscribe to RENAISSANCE as well.

There are quite a few of us Period Costumers who garb for ourselves and others  here on the forums who would be happy to help with articles on Garbing, Fabrics, etc., perhaps be advertisers, and so on. Maybe even have a Photo section  for Faire Photos sent in by subscribers.

Now 2 magazines devoted to Faire and the era. Huzzah!!!
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Var Greyshadow

Looks great!  Just put in my subscription too.
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

SirBlackFox

Oh do I have some new surprises for the very first issue . . . some of RenFaire history!  Also, as of last night, we're halfway to the First 500 Subscribers mark, and with it, the free "First 500" pin (which is at the manufacturer).

www.fairemagazine.com
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Pinn

Just put in my subscription. Can't wait for more ren news
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

SirBlackFox

UPDATE:

• pins on their way to me . . . . in the mail to subscribers next week
• subscriptions have slowed down a bit
• got incredible shots at NYRF - so excited that I worked through the night to finish it
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

BrokenArts

I ordered mine! TY for all the hardwork.  Can't wait to see and read it!

BLAKDUKE

Sir Black Fox:

Since your first issue has been completed There would be no way to get this in, but did you contact the owner of Gulf Coast Faires or did he contact you about using one of the Gulf Coast Faires in your magazine.  I hit it from both ends in the hope that the two of you would connect.  Also just submitted my subscription.   Lastly if Steve(Gulf Coast owner) does not contact you, I have a photo that might be of interest to you, but I need to know a couple of things.  the photo was taken at my request by a patron at the Pensacola faire back in March.  He sent it to my email address as a Jpeg.  If I send it to you, do you and/or I need to get his permission to print it.

Al Kahl

The Blakduke
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

SirBlackFox

The "First 500" pins arrived today. . . . which means they'll be out in the mail to those that have subscribed on Monday!

Huzzzah!

subscribe at:  www.fairemagazine.com
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Silverbee

I just ordered my subscription as well.  Huzzah!
What a strange power there is in clothing.  ~Isaac Bashevis Singer

SirBlackFox

just got the last bit of the first batch of "First 500" pins in the mail. . .  expect 'em soon!
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack