News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Peasants Court

Started by RenFestHQ, November 16, 2012, 08:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenFestHQ

I am on the cast of the Louisiana Renaissance Festival and we are doing a peasants court. I was wondering if anyone has any case ideas
Basically we are trying to add in some more people who want to join us

DonaCatalina

What are you thinking of as a peasant's court.
The phrase conjours up for me a line of peasants going before the local magistrate to petition for redress or similar things.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

RenFestHQ

Basically that is what it is.
The peasants are bringing cases against each other for a variety of silly things
For instance I am brought up on charges of breech of contract for proposing to several women and not marrying them

Rowan MacD

That sounds like fun!  I'll have to suggest that for our faire next year.....Perhaps ask the public to pass a judgement or act as a jury.  ;D.

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Gauwyn of Bracknell

KCRF has a Mayor's court that is quite fun.  I have brought the local cordwainer up on charges twice!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

We might have to get back down there next year to watch one.  It would be cool to bring that to DMRF and other faires north of there.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

RenFestHQ

Cool, let us know when you are coming down. We are hoping to get it put in the normal show rotation
Hopefully we can get someone to video it for us
We have found that it is also a good way to help some cast get over their stage fright.
I was talking last night about being so paranoid that I would freeze or not remember my lines. Funny thing is now I have no idea what I am gonna do except for 3 things I saw that move the script forward. It is all pretty much improv for me. Pretty much we tinker with the cases we have been given to see if we can find jokes that work and jokes that do not