News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Going to Faire alone this Sunday 10/28

Started by NewBridgitt10, October 22, 2012, 09:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewBridgitt10

Hi all,

I'm a longtime lurker here.  I've never been to PARF (only NYRF, GLMF and Sterling). I'm very tempted to drive down this Sunday, but, frankly, though I do value my solitude, I'm just not sure I'll be in the mood to spend the entire day on my own at a new Faire after the 6-hour solo drive.  I wondered whether any folks here might be interested in meeting for an ale and a chat sometime during the day?  :) 

Thanks,
Bridgitt

McGuinness

I am running around between shows for most of the day, but if you see me, you can certainly stop me for a chat! You can also try the folks over at parenfaire.net, a PaRF fan site. They have meet-n-greets most faire days and are a friendly lot.

BLAKDUKE

I sort of did that once a long time ago and I was a heck of a lot younger also.  I cramed Maryland(when it was in Columbia) and then Parf on Sunday.  However I went to Maryland early Saturday morning left there and went to Parf and got a motel for the evening.  To do Parf all in one day your looking at 18 to 20 hours on the go.  The ride home will be dicey.  My advice for safety sake is to drive down Saturday afternoon and stay over and then go on Sunday, if this is possible, expenses and such.   
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

angusmacinnes

I have been to PARF alone before.  It was great fun.  Would never known I was alone that is for sure.
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

kcdcchef

Quote from: NewBridgitt10 on October 22, 2012, 09:17:08 AM
Hi all,

I'm a longtime lurker here.  I've never been to PARF (only NYRF, GLMF and Sterling). I'm very tempted to drive down this Sunday, but, frankly, though I do value my solitude, I'm just not sure I'll be in the mood to spend the entire day on my own at a new Faire after the 6-hour solo drive.  I wondered whether any folks here might be interested in meeting for an ale and a chat sometime during the day?  :) 

Thanks,
Bridgitt

closing day is my usual one day of the year at PARF. i drive 3 hours in from Pittsburgh ( 6 hours round trip ) would be happy to meet up for a pumpkin pie crepe or a turkey leg! we usually catch a few shows throughout the day at the globe and boars head, so would love to meet up and say hi. i'll be in jeans and a renfest sweatshirt, will have my renfaire.com badge on too!