News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Jacksonville Fla. area

Started by BLAKDUKE, July 30, 2010, 07:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLAKDUKE

Is there any renne/pirate type activity going on in the Jacksonville Fla. area
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Celtic_Fae

There is currently progress to bring a new faire to Jax. We'll see if it goes forward or not. The person behind it has had some personal problems that have thrown up delays. We'll see.

BLAKDUKE

Well for the next 9 months I will be gainfully employed in the Jax area.  If I can be of any assisstance let me know.

Escarlata

St Arrrrgustine Pirate Days is an hour or so south of Jacksonville and held November http://www.pirategathering.com/

Lady of the Lakes is a couple of hours south and also in November
http://www.medievalfest.com/
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: Kathryn (Fae) Weldon on July 31, 2010, 11:52:00 AM
There is currently progress to bring a new faire to Jax. We'll see if it goes forward or not. The person behind it has had some personal problems that have thrown up delays. We'll see.

Lady Weldon:

Would it be possible to find out who this individual might be.

The BLAKDUKE

BLAKDUKE

Confusion Galore:

I received an answer to my question in PM.  I just now tried reply to that PM and lo and behold it appears that Lady Weldon is no on the board.  Does anyone know what happened to her.  Here is what I posted so maybe someone else can answer the new question about this faire.

*******************************************************************************************

Lady Weldon:

It seems that Mr. Field has recovered.  There is a listing for a new faire in St Augustine for the 18th + 19th. listed in Renaissance magazine.  I called the number listed and as of yet have had no reply.  Have you had any further word on this event?

The BLAKDUKE

BLAKDUKE

Has there been any update, movement, and/or info on this?????

Celtic_Fae

Quote from: BLAKDUKE on April 05, 2012, 10:19:51 AM
Has there been any update, movement, and/or info on this?????

Hello, Blakduke. I'm sorry it's taken so long for you to get an answer on this. The past two years have been incredibly hectic (including a 1200+ mile interstate move), and until this past summer I had to take a bit of a breather from faires in general. Unfortunately, this included this website, so I didn't see your post until now. Richard Field, once he took over, was completely responsible for any Northern Florida Renaissance Festival projects. I have not heard from him for over a year now, however, so I cannot give any status updates as to his projects. Again, I sincerely apologize for leaving you in the lurch, without the answers you sought.

BLAKDUKE

Not to worry.  About a month after I posted that my contract was cancelled and I left the area.