News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Countdown to Sherwood Forest Faire - 2013

Started by PollyPoPo, November 17, 2012, 07:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PollyPoPo

Yeah, Merlin, when we get to this age, it's kind of hard to get excited about the passage of time in increments of minutes, much less seconds.

By opening day, counting down those last few seconds before cannon add to the hoopla for us in line by the gate.

Looking forward to this season at Sherwood.

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

Ginette

Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

PollyPoPo

76 days, 1 hour, some minutes and seconds.

Got a lot to do to get ready.
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: PollyPoPo on November 24, 2012, 10:53:10 PM
Yeah, Merlin, when we get to this age, it's kind of hard to get excited about the passage of time in increments of minutes, much less seconds.

By opening day, counting down those last few seconds before cannon add to the hoopla for us in line by the gate.

Looking forward to this season at Sherwood.

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, we'll be in the line with you and the rest opening day.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

PollyPoPo

I'll be saying a few incantations for cool winds with slight chance of powdery snow on opening day, just for you, Merlin.

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

Merlin the Elder

If I could have an average of opening weekend Year 2, 85°, and opening weekend Year 3, 35°, it would be perfect for my liking. Because of the journey distance, chance of snow translates to no chance of travel.

PollyPoPo

Okay, let's cancel the snow.

But we'll keep the cool gentle winds, 'k?

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

Dracconia

I really want to come out and play this year!!!! *crosses fingers*
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Breandan

Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

PollyPoPo

75 days, 3 hours til cannon

(Tarps are cleaned and packed.  Tent needs an airing out before February.   Hummmm.... bat wings, lizard tongue, nope, leave those at home....need a new skirt or two...too much to do, too much to do)
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

Alerrick Afon Adou

Polly, load up those magical ingredients. They might be needed this year if thing go awry during the run. Great job on the countdown Polly. I can`t wait till Opening canon.See you then Polly.................Huzzah

PollyPoPo

74 days 3 hours plus

Will pack up special ingredients, too, Alerrick.  Thanks for helping me make up my mind.   :)
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

Merlin the Elder

If I make my potions for my own consumption, I add a little Jack Daniel's, then a little more JD, then a little more... sometimes the magic goes a bit wrong after that....

PollyPoPo

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on November 27, 2012, 06:26:39 AM
If I make my potions for my own consumption, I add a little Jack Daniel's, then a little more JD, then a little more... sometimes the magic goes a bit wrong after that....

A bit wrong?  Perhaps.  Just keep adding and testing and adding and testing.  Sooner or later it will be just right. ::)

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

scarletnyx

I can't decide on what garb piece to buy! I know I want a Viking apron dress/tube dress/ whatever more intelligent minds than mine own call it now, but I saw that Garb the World has a really nice Roman Tunic for 35 bucks that just seems to catch my eye for some reason. And I want another Templar tunic and set of undergarments so I can kinda switch it out. BUT THEN I found a really beautiful cold weather coat that I want to save up for... Too many choices....
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen