News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Ideas for favors

Started by Drac, November 20, 2012, 01:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drac

Hello all,  Been thinking of maybe putting some favors together and one thing that came to mind for me was my bobbin lace.  What would you guys think of doing a small pattern, maybe something like a short bookmark?

Like the black one here (random pic from net) -

Jim
I cook with a flair for the dramatic,
and depraved indifference to calories

LadyShadow

I think that would be very lovely.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Rani Zemirah

Those are beautiful, and to receive something like that would make anyone smile!  Particularly when you explain exactly what it is, and that you made it!!!  
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Dinobabe

Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Drac

I think I may have given a wrong impression  :-[  This were just to get an idea.  While I can do full size bookmarks (barely) I doubt I could do enough for everyone.  I will be doing something closer to two to three inches long.  A full bookmark (around six to eight inches) might be a bit big to hang on a brag rag! 

Jim

LadyShadow

But even a mini version would be absolutely wonderful and a special treat to be given.

Rani Zemirah

I think the mini versions sound wonderful, and that's exactly what I thought you were suggesting!  They even sound much more special than the full size ones, because everyone loves miniatures, of everything!  :D  In fact, the 2 inch size sounds perfect for brag rags...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Drac

Here are a few ideas I am bouncing around.  One is just a simple strip with a couple spiders -

The second is a modified design from one of the lace sites using spiders -

The last one is the one I like the best using rose grounds and fans -

The last two are from Jo Edkin's site on lace making.  Great site if you want to take the plunge.  Good basic instructions.  Easy to follow.  Huge stock pile of free designs.

Jim

LadyShadow

I agree with you on the last one. I think that pattern looks the best. Really cant wait to see a finished project. Would love to do what your doing, but have way too many other craft things going on at once to be able to start anything new  :'(

Drac

Here is the first attempt -

The roses aren't great but a little practice might fix that.

Jim

Rani Zemirah

Hmmm... not showing up on my screen.  :( 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Drac

There we go.  Got a extra symbol on there :(

Jim

LadyShadow

That is starting to look lovely. Yay for progress. Cant wait to see the fully finished ones

Drac

Quote from: LadyShadow on December 17, 2012, 12:06:51 PM
That is starting to look lovely. Yay for progress. Cant wait to see the fully finished ones

It is pretty much what it is going to look like.  Maybe different colors.  Hopefully better done bu that is the general idea. 

Jim

LadyShadow

LOL, ok. I misunderstood your more practice comment then. Sorry. It does look lovely. And I am just amazed at your wonderful work. Keep it up (with pictures so I can admire)  ;D