News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Which Location?

Started by adamfifer, November 22, 2012, 10:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamfifer

Hello fellow Florida and traveling Faire-eez!

I'm planning on taking a weekend and going down (and over) to the land of FLARF this year (from Pinellas) but...

In your opinion which is a better location, Deerfield Beach or Miami?

I know this is totally subjective, but I would love to hear your thoughts and why.

Thanks for your help!!!

adam
I live in 1 nation under God, but my heart will always be in 7 Nations!!!

Itish/Scotch or Scotch/Irish BEST of SEVEN

Toua Taru

I say Deerfield, but then I've never been to the one in Miami.
Leave a little sparkle wherever you go

House Hufflepuff
Lady of The Eighth House

adamfifer

Greetimgs and thank you Toua Taru! I was beginning to think I was all but alone in this village, lol...

After thought I've decided to do BOTH,

Deerfield 3/16-17th
Miami 3/30-31st

Maybe I will see you in the land of Deerfield...

adam
I live in 1 nation under God, but my heart will always be in 7 Nations!!!

Itish/Scotch or Scotch/Irish BEST of SEVEN

Auryn

Hi Adam
unfortunately we are few and far between down here in Florida.
I have only ever been to the Deerfield show.
Unfortunately my finances don't permit me to attend both, especially within such a short time span in between.

After taking a year off, I will be returning to Deerfield this coming season.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

iain robb

Any idea what weekend you two are thinking of going?

My wife and I have been hitting opening day at Deerfield for a few years now. Looks like we won't be traveling for work that weekend. We'd love to meet you both in person.

iain robb

Oh, sorry, Adam, you said which weekend you would be at Deerfield. Unfortunately, March 16-17 is when we celebrate St. Molden's Day at BARF, and that is an event not to be missed.

Toua Taru

You are most welcome Adam.   ;D  Be sure to report back on Miami.

Not certain what weekend I'll be at Deerfield but I would sure like to meet some fellow forum members.

House Hufflepuff
Lady of The Eighth House

iain robb

Quote from: Toua Taru on November 28, 2012, 04:55:25 PM
You are most welcome Adam.   ;D  Be sure to report back on Miami.

Not certain what weekend I'll be at Deerfield but I would sure like to meet some fellow forum members.

You three, I should have said. How rude of me. Please forgive me, Toua Taru. It would be wonderful to have an R/F meet-up on opening weekend. I'm not averse to another weekend instead, but I'm traveling a lot lately, and I know I am in town that weekend.

By the way, Musical MacBeth is not to be missed at Deerfield!

Auryn

Welll....
the schedule for the themed weekends just came in my email and it is....

Romance Weekend - "Wine & Chocolate" - February 9 and 10
Pirates Weekend - "Pillage the Village" - February 16, 17 and 18
Wenches Weekend - "Bodacious Bodices" - February 23 and 24
Time Travelers Weekend - "From Steampunk to the Stars"- March 2 and 3
Explorers Weekend - "VIVA Florida - Florida's 500th Birthday" - March 9 and 10
St Patrick's Weekend - "We're going Green" - March 16 and 17

iain- we are actually going to be in Orlando on March 16 and 17 for Megacon (working on mord sith leathers for that)- maybe we can sneak over to BARF and finally get be part of St.Molden's Day.

Looking at the schedule....
I think we will most definitely do opening weekend, since you will be there and opening weekend always has a great vibe to it (even when they still don't have turkey legs  :P because they are unprepared)

we might do steampunk weekend as an excuse to put on all our leathers.

Sheeshh... I wear a lot of leather in my fantasy life hehehe
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

iain robb

Auryn, you simply MUST find some way to get to BARF for St. Molden's Day. You must. That's all there is to it. Assuming Megacon is held in the touristy area of Orlando, you're only an hour or so from BARF.

You too, Adam, and you three, Toua Taru.

It's almost like a mini-Rendezvous, with several folks coming in from out of state to take part. Beefs up the BARF regulars. (OK, so, I don't like the way that sentences sounds, but it is what it is.)

And I'm going to go put FLARF opening day in ink now. Sharpie even. There's just something about romance, leather and fantasy, I think. Anyone else?

Auryn

iain- Megacon is at the  Orange County convention center so it shouldn't be too hard to hop on I-4 and cross over to Tampa.

I spoke about it with the beloved and he like the idea of jumping over for Molden, so as of right now we are a most likely.

iain robb

Toua Taru

Sorry about the delay. Looks like we'll be attending opening weekend as well. I was actually worried that we weren't going to make it this year.

Looking forward to seeing who else shows up.

Happy Holidays!!

House Hufflepuff
Lady of The Eighth House