News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

St. Molden's Weekend 2013

Started by Molden, November 27, 2012, 12:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molden

I know some folks' places of employment require them to schedule their vacations, etc. before year's end - so I wanted to get this out there.

While it fits under self-serving sacriledge for me to announce the weekend...well, hell, the whole thing is pretty blasphemous to begin with, so there you are!  ;)

Since St. Other Guy's Day falls on a Sunday this year, I plan to be at BARF that weekend - March 16 & 17, 2013. I plan to be in the area all day on the 15th to hang with my Friends and Fairemily in a variety of spots (drinks at an iffy Tex-Mex joint adjacent to the hotel, Pho...more Pho, and who knows what else). We'll figure all of that out in due course.

So, for those that wanna know - there ya go!  ;D

Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Captain Jack Wolfe

"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Welsh Wench

I will have Mad Jack and Athena staying with me so count us in for St Molden's Day!

Along with Dr Who's companion.
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

iain robb

Quote from: Welsh Wench on November 27, 2012, 04:43:52 PM
I will have Mad Jack and Athena staying with me so count us in for St Molden's Day!

Oh, it's going to be one THOSE weekends, is it?

I've been watching my work calendar fill up with travel for the first half of the year, but I've been able to keep that weekend free. Count me and my wife in!

Lady Renee Buchanan

As much as we'd love to come back for St. Molden's weekend, unless airfares do a deep nosedive, it won't happen.  I've been checking, even on Allegiant Air, and the fares are so high.  However, if we win the $500 million Powerball tonight, we will  be there no matter what!    ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

iain robb

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on November 28, 2012, 05:19:05 PM
As much as we'd love to come back for St. Molden's weekend, unless airfares do a deep nosedive, it won't happen.  I've been checking, even on Allegiant Air, and the fares are so high.  However, if we win the $500 million Powerball tonight, we will  be there no matter what!    ;D

Well, then, Lady Renee, you will either be sorely missed or heartily welcomed! (You would be buying a few rounds, right?)

(Allegiant used to be so inexpensive -- and they fly out of the airport just down the street from us. But I think they're on the verge of taking out all the seats and making you pay to hold a hand-strap.)

Lady Renee Buchanan

Ian, if I won the lottery, I'd buy the everyone at the FAIRE drinks!  However, I don't live in Arizona or Missouri, and we had 1 number out of 6!  Not going anywhere.   :-\
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

iain robb

Seamus Ex Machina

Yes, Master Ian, it will be one of those weekends.  The kind where too much will eaten, way too much will be drunk, and entirely too much fun will be had. No one will get any sleep. One of my favorite weekends of the year;   we gotta start planning now! 

It needs to be a proper invasion for this year.  We need to get out the word, maybe even put out an invitation on that other site and get some folk down here that we haven't seen in a while.  perhaps have a gathering at my place afterwards..... ;D

I want Klingons singing songs about this for years.
Legendary Hellraiser

iain robb

All of that sounds good except the last part. I think at least half of us have to die for the Klingons to sing about it for years.

Molden

Quote from: iain robb on December 17, 2012, 05:56:13 AM
All of that sounds good except the last part. I think at least half of us have to die for the Klingons to sing about it for years.

Oooohhhh...that'll be easy! We'll just "pad" the invitations to include a proper quantity of red-shirted minons!  ;)
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Welsh Wench

I don't need red-shirted minions.

All I need is a man in a trench coat with a blue police box.

Jack, Athena and I may be taking a run up to Savannah before the festivities. But definitely see you at faire!
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Captain Jack Wolfe

The suit and trench coat are cleaned, pressed, and ready to travel! I've even got a new tie for the occasion.  ;) :-*
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

ShadowWraith

Hopefully I'll be able to attend more than one day this season.  ???  However, I will be there for St. Molden's day!!!

Molden

Quote from: Welsh Wench on December 17, 2012, 03:09:00 PM
I don't need red-shirted minions.

All I need is a man in a trench coat with a blue police box.

But Wenchie - we will not be killing off any such fyne gents. We love th' good doctor. We just need the red-shirts to get enough of a body count to get the Klingons singing. I figure we can spare losing our own in this endeavor by bringing our own, umm, sacrifices? lol  ;)
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable