News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Iowa Renaissance Festival

Started by Rowan MacD, December 17, 2012, 04:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

http://www.iowarenfest.com/iowarenfest/home.html

Memorial day weekend 2013-May25-27
Middle Amana Park, Ia
$10 adults
kids 4-12-$6  Under 4-free.

Well attended in 2012!

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Gauwyn of Bracknell

we will be there for sure, since we live less than half hour away!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

It's a 4+ hour drive for us, but we had so much fun last year this was added to out regular circuit  ;D
IWG wench #3139 

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I think Greg told me last year in DM that he was not going to be the one running it this year. I don't know who is?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lady Renee Buchanan

We used to go to this faire years ago, but for a very long time, every time we went, it poured rain and we ended up leaving!

Would someone be able to tell me who the vocal entertainment usually is?  Depending on who that is (I meant who was there last year, I know the 2013 lineup isn't ready yet), we might try again.  However, we've been going out of state over Memorial Day weekend but haven't made plans yet for this year.  Thanks!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Orkes and Trolls.  There are also a couple of minstrels that were probably the same as you saw in Dubuque.

A couple years back they had the Gypsy Nomads - that was a nice treat.

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

Orkes and Trolls for sure...There was another singing group I sat through right after them, I wish I knew their names..They were new to the faire circuit, but they were very funny. 
  The stage is indoors, so rain and too much sunshine can be avoided.  We were lucky last year, gorgeous, fair weather in that  pretty park, with a natural amphitheater so people could spread a cloak or blanket sit on the grassy hillside under the trees to watch the Joust.
  One of the best sites I have ever been to for a one weekend faire.
IWG wench #3139 

Baron Frederick

Greg talked like he is getting ready to retire and move South.Talked about maybe someone who has some of the food courts at the DMRF buying him out.This all happened the day before the faire opened in 2012.I think he and Bonnie want to be closer to their kids.
Baron Frederick

RowenD

Belatedly read your last post   ;).   Yeah,  Greg's been looking for a buyer for awhile, especially for the faires in May (Nebraska and Iowa).  Says it's too early to come back North.       
   Once something starts to get in the way of what you really want to do, then your heart is no longer officially in the project.   I think that's been the case here for awhile.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Due to some unexpected huge vet bills for our dogs, it doesn't look like we will be going out of state, so we may try to visit this faire.  The most important thing at faire to us is the music (of course besides seeing our friends and meeting new ones), so we really like to have a variety of good music.  I'll keep looking at the site for updates.  Maybe we will make it back after an absence of several years.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lady Rosalind

Have Court, Will Travel will be there! I am still looking for lodging in the area, but I will definitely be there!

Lord Clisto of York

I will not be with the court for Amana since I have to work that weekend, but I will be in Dubuque with the court the weekend before.

Lord Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Godric

My wife and I are planning on attending for the first time. Its been years since we grabbed up, and we are looking forward to it. Maybe we can meet some of you names on a computer screen.  :)

Keno

This years travels 2013

Performing
Travelers Cross Faire in Strang, Oklahoma

Vending
Iowa Renaissance Festival in Amana Colonies, Iowa
Iowa-Minnesota Pirate Festival in Clear Lake, Iowa
Des Moines Renaissance Faire in Des Moines, iowa

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Lady Rosalind on April 19, 2013, 10:11:26 PM
Have Court, Will Travel will be there! I am still looking for lodging in the area, but I will definitely be there!
We stayed at Dusk to Dawn B&B,  within walking distance of the faire last year.

http://amanacolonies.com/pages/directory/dusk-to-dawn.php

The town is so quiet at night, it's a delight, and the room prices are comparable to super 8.
  A HUGE, home cooked country breakfast is included each morning, promptly at 8.  There is a central living room/dining room on each floor with the rooms directly off of it, and only the folks on your floor will be at the communal table.
    We had the second floor to ourselves.  It seemed like there was enough food to feed 5-6 people, delivered straight from the kitchen by the landlady.  The colonies are known for their baked goods, which you will get a basket full with breakfast.   We took some with us to faire.
IWG wench #3139