News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Iowa Renaissance Festival

Started by Rowan MacD, December 17, 2012, 04:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on May 27, 2014, 08:59:06 PM
Rowen, Bristol is our home faire, but we manage to get to MN every 3 or 4 years.  Right now, not finalized, but there is a chance we may visit MN the Sunday and Monday of Labor Day weekend.  Maybe we can meet then!.
Labor day is also the opening weekend of the DMRF, and we always attend since its the royals and romance weekend. Perhaps later in the season?
   MNRF runs a few weeks longer than DMRF.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on May 28, 2014, 07:53:56 AM
Hmmm... Perhaps things may settle enough for Nimue and I to journey to KCRF for Columbo's Day.

That would be great !! (I still owe you a couple ales!)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on May 28, 2014, 11:18:41 AM
Quote from: Merlin the Elder on May 28, 2014, 07:53:56 AM
Hmmm... Perhaps things may settle enough for Nimue and I to journey to KCRF for Columbo's Day.

That would be great !! (I still owe you a couple ales!)
Oooo!  Come on out!  I can maybe put a little somethin' together.  We'll have a new beginning of Gauwyn's Non-tourage!

Merlin the Elder

It would be nice to rehabilitate a year's worth of squirrelled faire trips.  Beginning

May 2013:  OKRF trip cancelled because we got hit by tornado
Oct 2013: KCRF trip - first day, Nimue broke her foot
Feb 2014: Sherwood Forest trip -  first day was good, but unexpectedly had to leave for home early Sunday morning because of approaching snowstorm (which never materialized)
April 2014: Scarborough - I spent one hour inside the gates, sick as a dog, and ended up in hospital later in the day, and had emergency surgery on Sunday.

So far, have rehabbed OKRF with a great visit opening weekend.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...