News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sad News for the Scarborough Family

Started by lys1022, December 18, 2012, 01:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lys1022

Many of you have already heard, but for those who haven't:

Brian Graef, aka "Beavis", aka "Wulfie", one of the three founding members of the Motley Players III (MP3) and a former Scarborough Performing Company member passed of natural causes over the weekend.  

The news came as a shock to all, and he will be sorely missed both onstage and off.

There is no information regarding any memorial or other service at this time.  Should any public services be arranged, the information will be forwarded.

Please join us in knocking back a Shiner Black and sharing a light-hearted story about Brian, whether here or with your friends at the pub.  His friends have agreed that he would have preferred that to tears.

Thank you.

For photos of Brian -  http://www.pbase.com/lys1022/partingglass
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

cowgrrl

He made me laugh so hard, so often. I loved seeing trying desperately to keep something PG-13 when all the adults in the audience knew exactly what he was thinking.

With the death of Beavis & Owain, Opening Day is going to be very difficult. I hope there will be some small memorial service like there was a few years ago when we lost 3 Royal Guard (or were they Queens Own Highlanders?).

dbaldock

Lys,

My condolences to Brian's family & friends.  I may have seen him at Scarby, but my last visit was in 2004, just after I moved to Houston.

Thanks for posting the photo link.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

DonaCatalina

Oh no. I am shocked and saddened. I'll miss his sense of fun to be sure.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

lys1022

Per an MPIII Facebook post:

For those of you who knew Brian, it will come as no surprise that it will take more than one gathering to celebrate his life. The first will take place on Thursday, December 20, from 6:30-9:30 p.m. at the Plano Children's Theater, (where MPIII shows are held) with a brief memorial at 7 p.m. followed by an informal reception- please bring a dish and "spirits" to share.

An additional gathering will be held on December 28 hosted by MPIII and SAPA members. Plans for this gathering are still in the tentative phases, and we will keep you posted as details emerge.

Please feel free to join us for one or both of these celebrations of Brain's life.

Also, On Friday, December 21st, at 7:30 p.m. Fun House Theatre and Film, PCT's theater within a theater, is reviving, A Holiday Experience. Tickets are $10 and all proceeds will be go towards Brian's estate. Purchase your tickets at funhousetheatreandfilm.com.
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.