News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Colorado RenFest Newbie

Started by LibraryPrincess, January 08, 2013, 10:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hausfrau Monica

Dearest Merlin.....you are the attendees from Arkansas, if I have that correct (my US geography is woefully ignorant). I do hope that you two will be able to join us then. Lady Jessica and hubby from Texas and hopefully Rani will be able to make the journey as well. Lady Aelynn would also like to come from Canada.

Well, I thank you so much for your kind thoughts. Yes, Ian and I are doing very very well....or as well as 1,575 miles apart can be accomplished. Skype is our best friend these days. Ian and I both wish that we could be together but I have a few issues remaining here to deal with and then there is all of the horrible paperwork to wade through. (If anyone has any words of advice on immigration to the US, we would love to hear them).  Sadly, we cannot wed just yet but we would like to have our handfasting witnessed by friends who wish us well.

Hausfrau Monica

LibraryPrincess....my apologies for hijacking your post with our news. Hopefully your visit will coincide with ours and we can meet even more new friends.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Looking forward to seeing all of you.

Not sure how things will work this year as my Lord Toki is doing work for a local Apothecary. Unlike some nobles where your title is money (The good King and Queen), we are forced into doing labor to pay of debts uncured by unsavory people... i.e. PYRATES.

So we hope to see you all there and remember.

DRINK DRINK DRINK and I do not mean the spirits, I mean Water. And not to forget Good foot wear, sun screen, weather gear, head cover, shade, rest  and more water.

OH and Norfolk. I know you are a good Dr but even if I drink 64OZ+ of water a day I never have to use the privies that often and even less if I am moving about. Never have and my health is great
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Norfolk

Quote from: Lady de Laney on January 17, 2013, 04:15:14 PM

OH and Norfolk. I know you are a good Dr but even if I drink 64OZ+ of water a day I never have to use the privies that often and even less if I am moving about. Never have and my health is great

I doubteth thee not, LD, but I would'st remindeth thee that thou art acclimated to these climes, which the goode Hausfrau is't not!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Very true being I was born in this land and lived in it 99% of my life.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Archer Artemis Cloud

Greetings All!  I will be making my way to your kingdom from Dallas, TX for celtic weekend it looks like.  Very excited to see this festival and meet some wonderful people.  Will post a pic soon so that ye can pick me out in a crowd.  Say hi!
"You get what you think about whether you want it or not"

Celtic Rune Stones

Quote from: Archer Artemis Cloud on June 17, 2013, 06:22:33 PM
Greetings All!  I will be making my way to your kingdom from Dallas, TX for celtic weekend it looks like.  Very excited to see this festival and meet some wonderful people.  Will post a pic soon so that ye can pick me out in a crowd.  Say hi!

A welcome gift from our shire...

http://www.peakvaluesmagazine.com/images/online-downloads/Renaissance%20Festival-FP.pdf
My life is loosely based on a true story...

Archer Artemis Cloud

Thank you so very much!  This is a great gift indeed. Huzzah!

Archer Artemis Cloud

Hail and well met!  Any word on the fires and what was closed because of them.  I will be there a week and wanted to take in a bunch of stuff before the faire and after.  Royal Gorge is closed...anything else?  How is the realm?
Archer

Earl of Surrey

The Realm is in fine shape.  The fires have not been near us and the winds have worked in our favor, both bringing us cloud cover and cooling breezes in the afternoon (some rain).  No smokey-ness.  Temperatures are, knock on wood, substantially cooler than last year.

As far as I know, the Gorge is the only major attraction closed (saying it that way makes the State sound like Disneyland).  The Summit County, Estes Park, Buena Vista, and other mountain areas are all just fine.  We are dryish these days and warm in Denver this week. 

The biggest thing you'll encounter are fire bans, so if you plan to do some camping- bring a camp stove.

As my father, the Duke of Norfolk, always reminds guests from other altitudes - be prepared to drink about twice as much water as you are used to, wear sun screen (or lots of uphosltery material, and remember it is all up hill from here.
--The Paris Hilton of the 16th Century--

The Earl and Countess of Surrey  (off with my head, on January 19, 1547)

tiberiusflynn

Just recently had an offer to make it to the Colorado ren faire in the next few weeks.

At TRF, they rarely if ever check my peace tie, but since I've never been to the Colorado faire....if I  peace tie my sword with a hefty piece of leather, would this be alright for the faire?

Also, I normally have a 32 oz, period leather flask that hangs on my baldric.... it can be hidden but it also blends in well with my entire costume. How strict do they search?

Thanks for any help you guys can give.

Hausfrau Monica

Tiberius....when will you be going to CoRF? I am still here in Colorado and we will be going July 6th for the day....my last day before I go back home. Would love to meet you.

tiberiusflynn

Quote from: Hausfrau Monica on July 01, 2013, 12:29:56 PM
Tiberius....when will you be going to CoRF? I am still here in Colorado and we will be going July 6th for the day....my last day before I go back home. Would love to meet you.

At the moment the dates are in limbo, I'd love to hang out with you and Ian! A friend of mine that lives 20 minutes away, randonly called me and mentioned flying me out for the faire.... but I haven't hear from him since. I'll definitely be in touch with you!

Bogie

Quote from: tiberiusflynn on June 29, 2013, 08:29:13 PM
Just recently had an offer to make it to the Colorado ren faire in the next few weeks.

At TRF, they rarely if ever check my peace tie, but since I've never been to the Colorado faire....if I  peace tie my sword with a hefty piece of leather, would this be alright for the faire?

Also, I normally have a 32 oz, period leather flask that hangs on my baldric.... it can be hidden but it also blends in well with my entire costume. How strict do they search?

I was just at the faire this last week. I had my sword tied with a leather strap, and neither day did anyone check my weapons.

As for flasks, I saw quite a few attending with flasks which I know were not empty ;)

My recommendation, walk in like you own the place and you should be fine. At least, that's what we did

Zoë

Quote from: Bogie on July 01, 2013, 07:34:42 PM
Quote from: tiberiusflynn on June 29, 2013, 08:29:13 PM

I was just at the faire this last week. I had my sword tied with a leather strap, and neither day did anyone check my weapons.

As for flasks, I saw quite a few attending with flasks which I know were not empty ;)

My recommendation, walk in like you own the place and you should be fine. At least, that's what we did

Indeed, you can get in the gates with almost anything on your belt as long as you don't make a big scene about it. Probably wouldn't hurt to cover something up though. I've found if it's not terribly obvious it's not an issue. Although my mother always walks in with a flask right on the back of her belt in plain sight and it's never been checked.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy