News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2013 Opening Day meetup

Started by iain robb, January 11, 2013, 05:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain robb

Alright folks ... it's getting close. Please check in if you're planning to be at opening weekend at Deerfield Beach, Feb. 9 and/or 10.

And pipe up if you have any ideas for a good meet-up time and place, or times and places.

I'm planning to be there Saturday and Sunday, with my wife, Julie.

Toua Taru

I'll be there on Saturday with my boyfriend Sam.

Not sure of the time or place -- any, I think shall be good for us.  :D
Leave a little sparkle wherever you go

House Hufflepuff
Lady of The Eighth House

iain robb

Well, seeing as I tend to be obscenely early everywhere I go, I will definitely be at the gate before cannon, so if anyone else tends to be early, we can meet up there and then.

For those less prone to being up early, shall we say 1 p.m. at the Good Night Pub? Near the pub itself, at the back of the audience area for the stage.

When I know more about the weather, I'll pop back and post what I'll be wearing to make it easier to find me. I might go with the BRIGHT RED outfit for that reason, though it's a bit warm if the temperatures aren't low enough.

25 days to go, and I get to spend 15 of them in Thailand (plus 4 days of traveling).

Auryn

Iain,
I think the opportunity to get to meet you fine folk will get us out there opening weekend.
Unfortunately Saturday we have a charity 5K run in Jupiter (its a yearly tradition)
so most likely we will be there Sunday.
i will keep you posted
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

iain robb

Well, our plans are still relatively flexible, so we'll try to plan on Sunday as well.

I still have two more days in Thailand ... I may have to go back for that lovely silk that I know costs a bundle ...

Auryn

You are in Thailand???
ohhh I am so jealous, I would come home with suitcases full of fabrics and findings.

Hey if you see a fabric called Larissa- in mirrored gold pm me. I need it for a project and they only sell it in asia.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

iain robb

Oh, gosh, sorry, I just saw your post, and I'm in the Hong Kong airport awaiting our flight to that hellhole they call an airport in New York, then back to Orlando. I got buttons, but I passed on the fabrics. There was one nice brocade that I was pretty sure was pure silk, but even if it's marked silk you still can't be sure you're really getting silk.

Auryn

Very true,
no worries
I look forward to seeing what you bought as I am sure garb was on your mind :)

Toua Taru

:'( I'm bummed out. We won't be able to make opening weekend due to work scheduling conflicts. We've rescheduled for the 23rd.

Was looking forward to meeting you all, but perhaps next season.

Enjoy opening day!
Leave a little sparkle wherever you go

House Hufflepuff
Lady of The Eighth House

iain robb

OK, we have rejiggered our schedule and will be there opening Sunday. I sure hope you and your beloved make it, Auryn.

We're always early, so if anyone wants to catch up with us we'll be at the gate before opening canon. My wife will be in a blue velvet gown, probably with red beaded sleeves, and I'll likely be in a red-and-black kilt with a black doublet.

If not before opening cannon, we'll make an effort to be near the path at the Good Night Stage/Pub about noon.

iain robb

Well, we met up with NO ONE, but had a grand time nonetheless.

The Midsummer-Night's Musical is not as good as Musical MacBeth, but worth the visit.

And we spent waaaaay too much money ...

ShadowWraith

Quote from: iain robb on February 12, 2013, 06:19:42 AM
Well, we met up with NO ONE, but had a grand time nonetheless.

The Midsummer-Night's Musical is not as good as Musical MacBeth, but worth the visit.

And we spent waaaaay too much money ...

But did ye get pictures???

iain robb

Alas, no. When I do take my camera, I tend to forget to use it, and just end up lugging it around all day. So I chose not to take it.

Which is good, it turns out: it was rainy or at least drizzly all morning.