News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Rendezvous 2013 - looking for new faires!

Started by DeadBishop, January 11, 2013, 06:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeadBishop

I've been looking into several locations/areas that have not hosted Rendezvous yet.  I'm hoping to have it nailed down by the end of the month.  If anyone has faire suggestions or would be willing to host, please PM me!  ;D

R/F.com member since 2003

Butch

Norfolk

Just call me "Your Grace"

Merlin the Elder

...if that means what I THINK it means, I'll second that HUZZAH!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lairde Guardn

I would like to try to put a team together to put the 2014 Rendevouz in BARF, because it it in March, I was thinking we need to approve this year....
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Merlin the Elder

Time is getting away from us! No more info on where this year, or has KC been elected since it's the only one who has spoken up?

RenStarr

I'd like to see Sherwood in the mix for 2014.  It started last weekend so it's too late for for 2013.  Sherwood is still a young faire compared to allot of faires out there, but it's a great venue with character well beyond it's young age.  And if I'm not mistaken, Sherwood has won best new faire two years in a row by RenFaire Mag.  I know there's allot of faires that deserve to host Rendezous, and I feel Sherwood should be on the list for 2014 or soon there after.
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

Merlin the Elder

While I'm in total agreement that it is gem of a faire, methinks Texas is out of the running for a while since they've already hosted two of the RenDezvous.  From what I've read of the original rules of selection (which I believe have been mostly scrapped), the region wouldn't be eligible for another 2 or 3 years. 

I'm thinking that unless something gets set soon, we may not even be able to put a RenDezvous together this year. Some of us have to plan to head out for a long trip!

RenStarr

Well it does look like Texas (southwest region) is out of the running for awhile.  I was thinking 4 years since 2010 would have been 2014.  But if KC gets the nod for 2013, that makes it 2017 before any faire from the sw region/Texas can host again.  Assuming it's 4 years.  I quit reading the "rules" after a few pages. 

So..........whenever Sherwood is eligible, it would be a great host faire!   ;D

Who ever gets it this year and next, congrats!
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.

Merlin the Elder

That is not to say, RenStarr, that we cannot invite an invasion of R/Fers to Sherwood.

Sir Ironhead

Those rules did get rather convoluted didn't they  ;D
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41

RenStarr

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on February 16, 2013, 03:28:38 PM
That is not to say, RenStarr, that we cannot invite an invasion of R/Fers to Sherwood.
That's always an option Merlin.  How about opening weekend next year?  I'm betting that date is already on your schedule!  Something to ponder on........

Quote from: Sir Ironhead on February 16, 2013, 03:52:40 PM
Those rules did get rather convoluted didn't they  ;D
Sir Ironhead, totally agree with ya on that one.  But it's always a difficult task to create a set of rules and make everyone happy happy happy.
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.

Merlin the Elder

There was definitely a lot of Texas RFers there for Sherwood's opening, although we never arranged for a meet and greet as we had the two previous years.  Yes, we will already plan for opening in 2014. The opening weekend just seems like the best weekend for any faire.

Lairde Guardn

Is there a decision yet on 2013 ?    There are many that have to make plans in advance if they plan to make the Rendevous.....     Also Since BARF is in FEB/MAR time frame, I would like to get consideration of an early selection for 2014.
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt