News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I need advice! Please!

Started by Axariel, June 30, 2008, 06:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axariel

I was going to design this year's character to be specifically focused on the jousts.  She was going to be blood thirsty, spiteful and well, very gross in her descriptions of gore.  I thought that it would be a fun character and it would make it easier on me to cheer during the jousts without breaking character.

Then, I got pregnant.

Obviously, my baby bump will cut back on my tough girl image.  I am going to be showing during this year's faire and I need advice.

What kind of character can a pregnant girl be?
x | x break through  x | x

nliedel

A hormonal, bloodthirsty, spiteful woman. Look, pregnancy can happen to anyone and if your beloved who got you with seed was killed in a joust...well hell hath no fury. I say go for it. Or, if someone asks, say that was a dragon, you've just not digested it yet.

My personality did not change when I was pregnant, unless I was hungry. Why should yours? Do you really want to play a dreamy cow-eyed mother to be who talks of nothing but her little one to be? I was like that for one pregnancy and thank God one of my friends straightened my butt out. Go for it.

You can be tough and pregnant. Hell, I was a real b i you know what some days. This could be a lot of fun for you.

"Which one of you filthy pigs is the father of my child. You'll drive sticks at one another, but ya won't admit to yer own babe. Except not the Scotsman (or anyone else) because I could not get that drunk"

This could be a hoot and a half.

Unless your heart is set on the softer side.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Lady_Glorianna

mortality rate being what it was back then made for some "detachment". I agree with nliedel that you being pregnant would not change your personality. If anything, it would accentuate it and make for some monster mood swings. Unless you have some personal reservations about your  pregnancy (ie baby in womb is aware of his surroundings and there are things I don't want him/her to hear until he is older, etc)  just go for it.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

CatAshtrophy

I think it would be great if you continued your character as planned. It sounds like a really great one to me. Pregnant women are tough too!

Axariel

Thanks for the advice!  I think that I will go for it.  After reading about Anne Boleyn, well, that proves that a pregnant lady can be fierce!  Now, I have to set to work making a costume that can grow with my belly!

Thanks for the advice, girls.  I think that this will be fun, especially since Henry VIII is our reigning king.

"Can any of you bloodless cowards guess the name of the sire?  Sire?  Well, that is a fine hint, if I do say so myself."

This could be fun.  ^__^

nliedel

Tight bodice till under boobages, then if you're wearing a dress, knife pleat from there down. Almost Italian in style.

Axariel

I will try that and PM you the pic, just to see if I do it correctly.  lol

nliedel

Quote from: Axariel on July 03, 2008, 03:24:19 AM
I will try that and PM you the pic, just to see if I do it correctly.  lol

Is this your first? How far along will you be?

Axariel

This is my first child and I will be performing during mostly my sixth month.

I am four months now, but my frame is hourglass; I am barely showing.  The doctors expect me to pop suddenly around November, if I am similar to most cases.

But then again, every pregnancy is different.

Mooncalf

ah... You've never seen a scary, tough pregnant girl...  IF only I knew which episode of Jerry Springer that was...

JackGonzo, MD

Just a random thought, if you need provocation for the jousts. You don't know who the father is, but you know it has to be a jouster  ;)
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

BLAKDUKE

Or if you want to get a little bawdy how about " I know that one of is good with at least one of your lances."  Or some variation thereof.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Kathleen MacLeod

^That kind of thing is hilarious! This has my vote. There was a joust to the death at one of the faires I went to this summer, and my friend lifted her baby and yelled "Do it for your son!" It was really funny  ;D
Sometimes you can't wait for the storm to pass; you have to just get out there and dance in the rain.