News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

GLMF Opening Day Assassins!

Started by BeerBlessings, June 30, 2008, 11:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeerBlessings

Hey all, I'm new on this board, but I do know a handful of you already.. I'm organizing a game for Opening Weekend, and I think a bunch of you might be interested..

The main discussion for this game is over at Trevor's boards, Medieval Mayhem. You can see the thread here: http://tay666.proboards27.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1465

Rules Repost:
-----------------------------
ASSASSINS!!!

Each weekend will have a game of ASSASSINS, and may change each week. This rules set is for Opening Weekend, and meant for Mayhem! ... Sign-up is $2 for each game. This gets you an assignment: ASSASSINATE YOUR MARK!

The game starts at noon on Saturday. When you arrive at the Faire, go to the Pickle Grove to receive your assignment. You will get an envelope, and a piece of sticky-backed felt. You need to find your target, and tag them with your sticky-backed felt!

Your newly assassinated mark then gives you *their* assignment, and you go after him or her next. The game ends when there is only one person left <insert Highlander comment here>, *or* 5:30 on that Sunday, (One hour before Pub Sing) whichever comes first.

The Pickle Grove will have a list of all players for the game. This means that you know who's playing, but you don't know who is after you!! ... When someone is eliminated, they check in at the Pickle Grove to cross their name off the list. This lets everyone watch how the game progresses.

If you do not know who your target is, it is your responsibility to find out! Ask around. At worst, you get to know other Playtrons!

So, what's on the line, you ask? Well, Bragging Rights, of course!! But what about that $2 we put in? Well, when each person signs up, they need to choose a charity to play for, and the money will be donated to the winner's charity! In the event that there is no clear winner (More than one person left at 5:30 Sunday), all monies will be donated to a default charity.

The default charity for this weekend is the R.E.S.C.U. Foundation, (Renassaince Entertainers, Services, and Crafters United) www.rescufoundation.org .. Please, check them out even if you don't play.

To Sign Up, I will need your real name, your chosen charity, your Board name, and any "Faire names" you may go by. You put in your $2 when you pick up your assignment during Opening Weekend.

Now, as this is somewhat organized chaos, there are rules to abide by. (Bummer, huh?) The rules are made to be Fair to All, and to Protect Patrons From Our Antics!

1) No "camping" at the Gate, or on the way to the Pickle Grove. People that aren't there by Saturday noon still have to get their assignments after all!! Assassinations of people still on their way to the Pickle Grove DO NOT COUNT!

2) The Pickle Grove has always been Sanctuary, and will remain as such. There is a Safe Zone within twenty feet of the Pickle Grove. You can check in on the game without worry of getting tagged.

3) To prevent "camping" outside the Safe Zone, anyone leaving the Safe Zone has ten minutes during which they cannot be tagged. This gives people time to disperse after checking in.

4) Areas within ten feet of privies are off limits. We should not have to worry about getting felt-ed while trying to hold our bladders shut.

5) "Work" is off limits. (Hawking CD's during a show, Carrying a banner in Parade, etc.) This makes some people MUCH too easy targets while they do things they are required to do. This game is not as important as someone's livelihood.

6) Also off limits is in line for, ordering, or waiting for food and/or drink. Eating while in a food court is also off-limits, but eating outside of one is not. (Sorry, but you cannot be immune by carrying around a bag of toast from the Black Ox!) And drinking is not off-limits once you turn away from the bar.

7) The most important off-limits is within 20 feet of the audience during a show, up to 5 minutes after the show. Do not interfere with the patrons or performers! Give the performers time to get their tips and such..

7B) Consider street cast engaged in a bit as a show. We do not want to distract patrons, OR the cast!

8) The game will be PAUSED Saturday at 6:00, to give everyone time to go to Pub Sing. Sorry, but Pub Sing is MUCH more important! The game will resume at 10:30 AM Sunday, to give people enough time to get into the Faire and disperse.

9) SAFETY OF ALL, ESPECIALLY PATRONS: No running! .. Just had to say it, because it'll be all too tempting to go on a chase from the Rock to Chess Stage.

Now, to add another level... BOUNTIES!! Players are free to add "Bounties". For example, BeerBlessings will give whoever eliminates him a beer, provided they are of legal drinking age. You can place a Bounty on yourself, or another player. Heck, you don't even have to be actively playing to place a Bounty! Bounties will be listed with the Master List, and can be added on to as the game progresses.

------------------------------

I prefer to keep Sign-Ups at the thread on Medieval Mayhem for convenience's sake, but you can also drop me an e-mail at mutantdave "at" hotmail "dot" com or posting here. Remember, I will need your real name, your chosen charity, your Board name, and any "Faire names" you may go by. You put in your $2 when you pick up your assignment during Opening Weekend. But please, be serious about playing, because assignments will be made based on who has signed up.

Also, FYI, the rules may change a bit. We are considering modifying Rule #6 to not include eating in a food court, but keeping being in-line for anything. Prevents annoying other patrons in line. There may be other modifications if there's good reason.

So, play! And check out RESCU at http://www.rescufoundation.org/

Go ahead. Get felt. I know you want to!

Scarlett

Hmm...WAAAY too much thinking involved for me! 
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Pinn

Sounds like fun. Too bad I can't come and play :-[
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

BeerBlessings

Well, the rules are to make sure we don't interfere with the regular patrons mostly. And to make things fair with people needing to do things. (Work, eat, privies, etc..)

I just had to spell things out to avoid any problems..

And I plan on having a game every weekend.