News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Using your garb in the mudane life/ incorcorating it into your day

Started by daylight, July 01, 2008, 08:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daylight

How many people use some part of there garb in there everyday mudane clothing?         I will use my bodices in my mundane clothing, I bought them from Damesl in the dress and I just love them. I have a friend who comes over to try my bodices on, she thinks they are so cool. She even has me put the outfit on soo she can see it. (hoping it won`t be long she really get into the garb at the fairs) The jewerly that I bought to wear with them  is so so pretty I use it all the time with other outfits., and I have worn my boots with other out fits a well,  in the winter months.   ;D

Lavender

I sneak some faire into my other life whenever possible. 
IWG #3440
Landshark #19

Hatter

M'lady wears her Ren leather all the time.  Any time we are going out for the evening it is 50/50 that she will decide on her leather.  She often is accused of being a biker chic  which is fine.  She usually corrects them so they know she is a Rennie.

sealion

None of my garb can really pass as mundane clothing but I do occassionally wear some of my jewelry.
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

CatAshtrophy

I have a few things that have worked into my regular clothes. I used to have a pair of rope shoes that I would wear all the time. They were so comfy! And I wear jewelry from faire pretty often too.

Dayna

I wear my Windwalker boots as winter boots and my cloaks and capes instead of winter coats here in Minnesota.  So much warmer and more comfortable than anything mundane I can find.

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Athena

Quote from: sealion on July 01, 2008, 09:33:22 AM
None of my garb can really pass as mundane clothing but I do occassionally wear some of my jewelry.

Same here. My faire jewelry is too pretty to store away, and I love shiny things!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Molden

When I'm dane version of meself out on the town, I usually wear my rings/jewelry. I have put on uber tight jeans and worn them with me "franken boots" bucketed low. (*Thanks for the inadvertent tip Wenchie!)
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

analise

Just about all of the jewelry I wear to faire, I also wear regularly. :)

I wore one of my hats last winter to work. I even got complimented on it! (It was a Tall Toad flat cap)

I've worn my jingly Equinox coat from Moresca to work a couple times and other places (usually on Halloween or April Fool's).

And my moccasins!

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

I do wear my boots, they are really comfy. And I wear some of my jewels, they are to pretty to put away.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

brier patch charlie

I wear my ren shirts all the time and when the weather is cooler I wear my kilt. I was wearing my Scottish bonnett up until the weather here got just to hot for it.
Charles Coleman

Tim T

I wear my dragon pendant regularly, I've even worn my kilt to work(once).

I am hoping to get a casual kilt, so I can be kilted more often.
Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

Femme Falchion

I like to wear my sword and leather armor around the house when I feel as though I need to regain the executive function   ;)
Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Welsh Wench

Quote from: Molden on July 01, 2008, 03:47:44 PM
When I'm dane version of meself out on the town, I usually wear my rings/jewelry. I have put on uber tight jeans and worn them with me "franken boots" bucketed low. (*Thanks for the inadvertent tip Wenchie!)

WHAT? I inspired MOLDEN? Wow!

OK I have worn my bodice and off-shoulder shirts with the uberjeans to rock concerts.
The boots have been worn too.
Some faire necklaces.

That may be about it for me.
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Tipsy Gypsy

My Crafty Celts wolf head torc gets worn everywhere, and always gets comments. My baubles do double duty as garb/mundane bling, and my faire footwear is really mundane stuff that works reasonably well for comfy garb, too.
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"