News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Using your garb in the mudane life/ incorcorating it into your day

Started by daylight, July 01, 2008, 08:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yrose

I wear our shirts all the time, some of the jewelry, and to some special, but still dane events I've been known to wear my bodice and other items.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

Al-Nimer

I wear my black leather ren boots (slashed shoes) almost every time I wear black jeans, any time of the year.  I also usually wear a chain maille bracelet and necklace of some type every day, all of which I made myself.  Although this is not garb, I replaced a nylon velcro watch band with chain maille as well, which gets worn almost every day.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Kiss-me-Kate

I can only pull of wearing the jewelry to work.  Once in a while I can pull of my funky looking "pirate" skirt and boots too, depending on how many bosses are working that day. 
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Var Greyshadow

Most of my garb doesn't work so well in mundane life.  I do wear my dragon pendant and chain maille necklace to work quite often.  I almost always wear shirt/pants/boots out for St. Pat's Day, and have been known to wear the same to Celtic music events as well.  Whenever we go anywhere that libations in glass containers are frowned upon, we take our faire mugs (wood or leather won't break).  We also use our mug straps for carry the glass mugs we use at the local brewery "tours" when we go.  Also, I'll often use my belt pouch if I don't want to carry a purse.
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

max and kate

Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Lady Rosalind

Definitely jewelry! I love my jewelry that goes with my noble garb, and wear it often to work, and for dress-up occasions. Basically, if there is a chance that what I am wearing will go well with pearls.... well, I'm wearing my pearls! Wore a set yesterday, with jeans.  ;D

Fairyfly

The jewelry is a definite. It's also very common to see me in one of my bodices, I now have 5! lol Oh who am I kidding, most of my closet lives a double life, faire/mundane. tee hee
EtteMum
TaskMistress of the Bayou Scoundrel's
Fae'N M'Crack... or at least working on it.
Rani's Divine Whip

Count Adolfo

Yeah, I wear my armour to work all the time...

uh... no, wait, I don't really.
Just kidding.
Forget about the sword...

Now, they DO have pirate events here at work and I will wear some of my garb for those... and years ago, last time I actually went riding, I wore my tights under my jeans to go horseback riding... but that's for different reason...

Lady_Claira

I would love to find a way to incorporate my garb in my mundane stuff, but I haven't been able to find a way to do so yet.  :'(  But on the other hand, I'll survive.
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

gypsylakat

I wear my bodice with differnet off the shoulder peasant shirts and then I have a number of like strapless fashion corsets from like charlotte russe and hot topic that I will wear with peasant shirts or a lone sometimes with peasant skirts, sometimes with jeans and boots... whatever I feel like lol
"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point.
That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know."

Queen Bonnie

I love my medieval moccasins and jewelry. Poison rings go everywhere! LOL!  I have even borrowed my Twin Sister's Pirate bloomers- now and then.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Anna Iram

I never wear my faire clothes or jewlery outside of faire. I guess I'm sentimental, but much like holiday ornaments I like to keep my faire things tucked away so that they retain their "faire magic".

Lady Elizabeth

My friend and I wore our garb to school for spirit week. We got plenty of strange looks but we enjoyed the attention. We also got a lot of nice compliments on our bodices too. A lot of the girls didn't understand how we could wear them because they appeared to be uncomfortable. I'd rather wear a bodice than a t-shirt anyday but that's just me.

DonaCatalina

I wore some chainmaille boot bells to work "because it was Christmas"
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Celtic Lady

I wear my peasant/wench skirts to work. They're comfortable and look nice, so why not? I wear them with nice sweater in the winter and some nice comfy non-tee-shirt top in the spring/summer.