News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

So, when's everyone going?

Started by maelstrom0370, July 01, 2008, 09:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maelstrom0370

I know Layfair's great with her 'gatherings' and whatnot, but I was just curious as to when people plan on going?
We'll definitely be there Opening Weekend, doing the whole Faire experience (day at the Faire, Kings Feast, Dragon Smoker) and camping at Holly Rec.  I'm not sure I can call it camping though, we're borrowing my parents 35' monstrosity of a motorhome for the weekend. (I know, I know, I know...gas prices being what they are and all...but what the hell!  It's fun the splurge once in awhile)
Aside from that, it's a crapshoot.  We try and make at least one other weekend throughout the season, but I work for a resort and summer isn't the best time for me to get time off.  People having the NERVE to get married during MY Faire season!!
So, that's us....what about you?

Margaret

I should be there ever Saturday - usually in the morning.  One or two Sundays as well.

The 21st is an invasion of friends, do definately then.
Mistress Margaret Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

Katie Bookwench

I'll be there whenever I can sneak away.  ;D

No definite schedule like 'every saturday' or anything, but I plan to be there for at least a little while most days.

I'm most likely a shoe in for Opening Day -- barring floods or fire (or lots of black smoke and a visit from the fire department) or other natural disasters, that is.
Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57

flidais

I'll be there opening weekend, scottish weekend and closing weekend for certain.  I plan to camp those weekends so I'll be there both days.  The rest of the season will be hit or miss.  Just depends on money, and kids activities.  I am pretty sure I will not be there Labor Day weekend.  Right now that looks like the only and last time I'll be able to see my husband before he leaves for Iraq.  Soo I'll be in TX.  Darn it why couldn't there be a faire down there that weekend.  hehehe

Yeah for Faire Season!!!!

AnyuBoo

The Duke of Cardiff and I are planning to be there for Opening Day (he's already asked for that day off work, so there shouldn't be any problems...*crosses all crossables*).  We're hoping to go a few more times as well, but the "whens" will be up to his work schedule.
When everything seems to be coming your way...
...you're in the wrong lane!

Lord Pumpernickel

Well my plans are to be there every weekend unless something comes up so I guess as life treats me well I will be there.

max and kate

We'll be there every weekend, Labor Day is the most important, many of our fellow Outlanders will be attending then.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

robert of armstrong

If the 16th of August is the Saturday of that weekend, then that's it for me.  Working for a living stinks.

Trying to get together another trip the 19th to the 21st of September.
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

Quiet One

Athena and I will be there for Labor Day weekend.
Whisper'n M'Crack
Castleteer

Carl

We will be there almost every week and except for the Castleteers penta in Sept.
Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

sealion

:POUT: I have to miss opening weekend because DH is making me go to his stupid family reunion! :POUT:
We are looking at the second weekend, closing weekend, and another weekend in between still to be determined.
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Athena

Quote from: Quiet One on July 02, 2008, 12:44:12 PM

Yeah, what she said!  ;D

This will be my first trip to Hollygrove. I've heard so many great things about MIRF and can't wait to visit!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

maelstrom0370

Quote from: Athena on July 02, 2008, 08:18:33 PM
This will be my first trip to Hollygrove. I've heard so many great things about MIRF and can't wait to visit!

LOL...Welcome to Hollygrove, Athena!!!  From what I've heard from a certain boot-loving Ette, I don't know if Hollygrove is ready for you!!!   :o

Just kidding!  ;) :P

I'm looking forward to seeing the lot of you showing up on Opening Weekend!  I dunno about you'se guys, but I'm thinkin' a pint all 'round makes the best ice breaker there is!!!  ::)

Athena

Sheesh, don't people keep secrets anymore!?  :D ;)

I'm really excited, I've been trying to get up there forever and FINALLY I'm going to make it. A number of the regulars from GLMF invade every Labor Day Weekend, and I can't wait to be part of it!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Katie Bookwench

Quote from: Athena on July 02, 2008, 08:18:33 PM
Quote from: Quiet One on July 02, 2008, 12:44:12 PM

Yeah, what she said!  ;D

Welcome!

Hey there! I spy that Wench Pin-- Local 57 will be on the lookout for visiting sisters Labor Day Weekend-- to encourage a little mischief and mayhem, of course. And we'd be thrilled if you wish to join us for a bit of this 'n' that, here 'n' there.  ;D

The more, the merrier, as 'twere.
:D
Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57