News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

So, when's everyone going?

Started by maelstrom0370, July 01, 2008, 09:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Escarlata

And tights that aren't velvet or cotton, but felt *chuckling*
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Madge Estes

Quote from: Katie Bookwench on July 10, 2008, 03:15:16 PM

You should be able to spot her, Mags...she'll be the one staring at all the men who wear shorts.

Likes a well turned calf, our Madge does.

...or so I've herd;D

Just steer `em my way, Katie!
Live so your dreams recognize you.

Madge Estes

Quote from: Escarlata on July 10, 2008, 03:16:16 PM

Hey, texture is important!
Live so your dreams recognize you.

maelstrom0370

Well would ya lookee there!
Turn your head for a sec and the Queen doth appear!
Good to see your bright shiny....ummmm font again, Your Majesty!

Katie Bookwench

Quote from: maelstrom0370 on July 10, 2008, 09:26:25 PM
Well would ya lookee there!
Turn your head for a sec and the Queen doth appear!

Did you cough?

:P

Yep, we love our Queenie-- and that ain't no bull -- she's udderly fabulous! :-*

(say, am I milking this too much?)
Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57

maelstrom0370

Quote from: Katie Bookwench on July 10, 2008, 09:35:11 PM
(say, am I milking this too much?)

Not as long as you're willing to MOOOOOOOve over and let someone else have fun!

yea...that was baaaaaaaad.

Athena

Quote from: Escarlata on July 10, 2008, 03:16:16 PM

LOL!  ;)
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Lord Virgil

My lovely wife and I will be there at least 1 day of each weekend.  You can usually spot me in my attire above, or my Green/Purple Pirate outfit.  I also have a blue Noble's robe I wear with a Green shirt and black tights with lace up boots (for you calf loving ladies out there).  I'm also looking into a Kilt outfit, as I have been told I have the legs for it!  We usually hang out at the Guiness Pub, so come join us for a pint!  You can never have too many rennie friends, HUZZAH! 
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

Celtic Lady

Athena you'll love MiRF. It is alot of fun. I used to live in Michigan and went to it when it was still fairly new and then again two years ago. It has really grown since the early days.
Now I live in Iowa and my fiance and I are coming back for the Sept. 6th & 7th weekend. Next year will be for our wedding there.

Poldugarian Warrior

I'll probably attend all days of the labor day weekend and maybe the first weekend. For the most part it seems I'll be dressed in pirate garb this year since Pirate Theme Weeken falls on this year's Labor Day Weekend. I don't know really it depends on the tempuratures for those days any more I just can't handle the heat like I used to.

Abigail Fairbottom

I'll be there opening day for sure with my hubby and various family members and friends.  We'll try to make it as many weekends as humanly possible, although Labor Day weekend we will be up north at the cabin.

Yesterday  marked one month till opening day, btw.  ;D

Lady Gwyndolyn

Well, as much as Dark Wolf and I would love to make it all the weekends as normal for us, we just aren't sure.  So much going on and such, surgery, money, MMRF, kids, etc.  We are hoping for at least first, last and Labor Day.  Keeping fingers crossed!!! 
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

Lady Gwyndolyn

Our graceous and beautiful Queen loves a man in tights and in kilts and... and... oh wait... doesn't she love ALL MEN???  *lol*

Oh Your Magesty, I do have a message for you from a very sweet little lady that you made an honorary member of your court last year.  A beautiful young blonde from the Frankenmuth area. She sends you hugs and well wishes and said that she is hoping to be apart of your court again this year.  She was made a member of the MMRF court and told the partners that she hopes to be as "regal" as you are.  After hearing that, they hired her on the spot.  *LOL*  They also hired a young man that had pictures of himself dancing with you!!!  It seemed that everyone was using the Queen as a reference.  *LOL*  But Jennifer asked me to give you a special hello from her and she is looking forward to seeing you this year!!
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

AnyuBoo

Quote from: Abigail Fairbottom on July 17, 2008, 01:32:50 PM
Yesterday  marked one month till opening day, btw.  ;D

Hubby and I are definitely counting the days...and with any luck, we'll be joined by some new converts to Faire.  ;D
When everything seems to be coming your way...
...you're in the wrong lane!

Guinevere of Leonesse

I'm counting the days down too to the birth of my baby daughter and also when we bring her to show everyone in September. :) So 4 weeks or so for you lovely people to attend MIRF in the early August, 6 weeks to my baby's birth and then 8 weeks to the time we attend MIRF. Can't wait, getting excited already. :)
The more you worry, the longer it will take.